Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 AM

kpalmer7,

Greetings and welcome to cruise chat.

That is a long flight! The airlines these days generally look at their passengers in a way that truckers look at a load of sheep, a necessary annoyance.

I bring on long flights; my own meal and drink, a DVD player or a riveting novel and a neck pillow. That pretty much defines the use of a carry-on.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the input. I'll try to take a small snack along, as this is going to be a long trip.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:56 PM

Chefken, you mentioned that you bring a snack and drink for the long flights. Do you bring your drink from outside or buy it at the airport, or purchase it (if they have it) in the holding pen........oh I shouldn't have said that, it makes us sound like sheep.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Administrator

brneyes, I hope you don't mind if I answer your question before Chef Ken returns.

I bring a huge bottle of water onboard for long flights, purchased at one of the stores in the gate areas as you can not bring drinks through security. Snacks are not a problem... I usually have a few protein bars in my carryon bag. But, check the approved items list HERE, as some snacks (such as puddings) are subject to the 3-ounce restriction when going through the security checkpoints.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 AM

LisaP,

That was one of the most helpful things I have ever read (the TSA restrictions). It answered many of the questions I had and alerted me to several things I never considered having an issue with. Thank you!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:51 PM

LisaP, does the large bottle of water have to be purchased with the "gates?" The reason I ask is it is so expensive to buy anything at the airport.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator

You absolutely cannot bring bottles of water or any other liquid over the 3 oz container limit through the TSA checkpoint. If you want a bottle of water - anything liquid for that matter - it has to be purchased once you get through TSA. However, what is not realized by many is that there is nothing wrong with bringing your own empty water bottle through TSA and then filling it once you are in the gate area.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Administrator

asmj, thank you for the kind words. You are quite welcome.

brneyes, yes, if you wish to purchase bottled water, you'll need to do so in the airport after passing through security. And, yes the prices are high. Dave has a great idea about bringing an empty bottle through. I haven't tried it, but I do know there are plenty of water fountains on the other side.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:41 PM

Davebeers, thanks for your reply. I do have a question.

That was a good suggestion about bringing your own bottle and filling it up, but, does the bottle "have" to be a 3oz one?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 PM

Thank you Lisa. I hadn't read your reply as yet, but I did ask through the forum if the bottle had to be 3oz or less, to carry on the plane?

Closed Thread

Tags
airline, american, cruises