Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: I would like to know if a inside room vs ocean view room makes a big difference to be worth the pri
Ocen view 1 50.00%
inside room 1 50.00%
Where is the warm water - east or west 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 PM

I am trying to plan my first cruise. Unfortunately, I am booking it pretty late. I would like to go on a 7-9 day trip starting on the 23rd or 24th of December.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:30 AM
Hello, Sudha, and welcome to cruise-chat!
Your first cruise--how exciting. Taking your questions in order; the difference in price between an inside and a ocean view cabin on a 7-9 day cruise really isn't all that much and most definitely worth it. I would encourage you to consider also a balcony cabin; again, not a lot more than an ocean view on a shorter cruise, but being able to sit on your private balcony and have that fresh sea air circulating in your cabin is priceless. Next, a few ports or a lot of ports is completely a matter of personal preference. I enjoy a lot of long, leisurely days at sea. It sounds like you and your wife are more active and like water sports, so more ports are probably best for you. East, West or Southern Caribbean shouldn't matter; the weather should be nice and the water warm everywhere.
Finally, I would encourage you to act quickly; holiday cruises are very popular. The good news is there are many ships sailing this area at this time of year. Princess alone has no less than five sailings on the dates you specify. So book right away and have just a terrific trip.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM

If you haven't looked at prices yet, you might want to consdier that. I was going to book that week but it was roughly $600 more per person.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:34 PM

You will most definetly be paying a huge premium to book a holiday cruise for those dates. But if that doesn't matter to you, F-mattox answered your questions well. I would only add that the difference betweent the inside and OV cabins is daylight. You are really only in the cabin to change and sleep, so I'm of the viewpoint that having a balcony is not a must. But I do like to have sunshine when I wake up.. so I like a OV. Of course when it comes down to the costs, I am not against saving some green and doing an inside cabin. If you are looking for diving, a cruise having Cozumel or Grand Cayman in the ports of call list is a great choice
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-28-2006, 04:00 PM

Inside vs. outside.

Inside is a better deal in my opinion for a couple reasons. Yes, as stated, you are only sleeping, bathing and changing clothes in your stateroom. (Well, let's leave the other options to the imagination.)

However an ocean view is exactly that! 90 % of the time you see ocean. Ocean and sea-air combined? Well that is another story. Nothing compares to a balcony suite or "veranda" as some lines call it.

Having your first coffee of the day on the balcony is a pleasure that can not be easily described. But you didn't ask about the balcony option. Your first cruise? Okay, take the ocean view and enjoy it! That was our first experience and it was great. Your options may be limited with the time you have so plan on either, as long as it gets you out on the high seas!

Many of us who cruise regularly are up with the sun to watch the ship come alongside in various ports. The porthole or window is okay, but it is only a view from one side and a very "flat" view! The sun deck gives you a multi-sensory experience with sight, sound and smells that you don't get from your stateroom!

Closed Thread