Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 06:41 AM
With the price of Flights/luggage going up and fuel charges for cruises now, do you think cruises will still be as popular?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-04-2008, 07:54 AM

Yes. I think vacations are something most people feel they have earned and they will still do it. Even if it means cutting somewhere else. However; some people may not be able to do as many each year though.

The cruise lines are looking at the drivable embarkation ports and improving facilities. There are about 30 drivable ports. Virtually ever American is within a driving port. Some are only seasonal right now. I wouldn't be surprised in the future to see Norfolk be a year round port. Next year Carnival is basing a ship out of Baltimore year round.

Even with higher airfare Europe has gained in popularity for cruises. The Euro exchange is poor, but with a cruise you have everything paid in US dollars.

At least 24 more ships are on order or being built, and set to debut between now and 2012.
Only about 16% of Americans have cruised. That leaves a large market for the cruise lines to tap into. Cruising has a high repeater factor.

I don't expect cruising to slow down at all.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Thank you for your reply that is good info, I know I am looking to cruise again soon, I just love it and will continue to do so as long as I am able.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM

As much as I read about people cutting back on everything these days I still hear lots of people more knowledgeable than myself say that the cruise bookings are still going strong. Maybe it's wishful thinking to hope for lower prices but in the mean time I just keep checking for the best deals.

Closed Thread