Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM

This may sound weird, but I was wondering if anyone was ever scared on a cruise ship? I was having this discussion with a lady at work that mentioned she is frightened by ships and I well just don't see what's scary...but i can relate as I HATE to fly. Anybody?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM

This may sound weird, but I was wondering if anyone was ever scared on a cruise ship? I was having this discussion with a lady at work that mentioned she is frightened by ships and I well just don't see what's scary...but i can relate as I HATE to fly. Anybody?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2007, 11:42 AM
What's to be scared of?
We always get a balcony room...but
if we got an interior room it might freak me out...maybe make me feel "scared" def. closed in...but that's me.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:47 AM

I am a bit closterphobic (sp?) myself...we got a room with a balcony atleast...she was talking about the fear of being in the middle of the ocean with nothing in sight..

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2007, 12:07 PM

Being at sea is one of the most peaceful feelings one can have. The sky is brighter, the sunrises are beautiful, the sunsets are magnificent, the stars seem closer and are more abundant, and the water is so blue. What a wonderful way to pass a day.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:13 PM

Awww Penny...what a great response...I can't wait to watch a nice sunrise with my coffee and sunset with my martini

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 PM

Before my first cruise I thought that being on a ship floating on water, with water everywhere (left, right, front and rear) should be more than I could bear.

Then I realized that you don't even notice that.

In connection with this topic, does anyone know if the two French guests trapped in Santorini have been found at last?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM

thanks for the honest post about the water everywhere situation....I started mustering the thought around a little bit after I talked with her but didn't want to admit it. I know nothing about the french guests but I will definitley go search around and see if I can find an answer for ya...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned

Amanda, I feel safer on a cruise ship than I do in an airplane, any day of the week.
A'ndrea
Old 05-04-2007, 02:03 PM

I am a flying nut. I feel safer in the air than anywhere. As far as being at sea, not quite like being on a desert island. The ship is so huge, you really don't think about all the water around except as Penny suggests as a great back drop to a peaceful day.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cruise, middle, ocean, people, scared, ship, water