Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2006, 11:05 AM

I called my credit union before we left to tell them we were going on a cruise. They said I would be fine using my debit card. I never had a problem in port or anywhere else.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:06 AM

I am going to attempt to explain this again.

Debit Card = Available funds in a bank account.

Credit Card = Amount of credit available.

A Hold is a reserved amount that is placed on the account regardless if is a Debit or Credit Card.

5-8 Day Cruises is $200, they will increase this Hold if you go over the original hold with your account.

They do not "freeze" anyone's account. If you use a Debit card with a Bank Account with $350 in funds and they end with a $400 Hold then will not work untill the account is settled.

Let's say as a hypothetical I have $1500 available credit on a Credit Card. Carnival puts a Hold for $200, then increases to $400 when they see I am running up my tab. My Card would still work any where I went.

If someones Debit did not work after the Hold was placed it means they did not have enough funds available in their bank account to cover the Hold amount.

Closed Thread

Tags
account, active, balance, card, carnival, check, cruise, hold, port, prepaid, puts, robbee1976, visa