Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2004, 10:02 AM

I am just starting to research booking a cruise and wonder about staterooms. Window, no window, inside, outside, where are the best rooms located and such? Advice is much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:02 AM

I am just starting to research booking a cruise and wonder about staterooms. Window, no window, inside, outside, where are the best rooms located and such? Advice is much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:23 PM

I strongly recommend a balcony cabin for Alaska, or at the very least, an outside cabin with a big window! The scenery is nonstop, and days are very long (if you are sailing in late June, there probably will not be any complete darkness outside at all). I'd hate to miss a minute of it! Other than right up near the bow, I don't think there's a bad spot, as there is little rough water on Inside Passage cruises. One-way cruises between Seward and Vancouver/Seattle will give you a little more opportunity to bounce around.

Do you have a cruise-oriented travel agent in your area? If so, I'd advise seeing them about this - there are so many choices between cruise lines, ships, and itineraries, each with subtle - or not so subtle - differences.

However you go, enjoy it! Alaska is fantastic!
Old 02-01-2004, 10:35 PM

We went on the Spirit to Alaska and we had a balcony also. I would stongly recommend a balcony. The inside passage was awesome and we loved the time spent on the balcony. We also have gone on the mexican cruise and the window or inside is fine.Have a great time, we loved alaska!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:44 PM

If ever there was a time for a window or balcony it is when cruising Alaska. You never know what you will see and when and with long hours of sunlight seeing a whale breach or the beauty of the mountains you cannot go wrong. As Karen said a room in the bow would not be my first choice. You can feel motion more in the bow if you have rough seas.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:49 PM

If your itinerary includes cruising in Glacier Bay, a cabin with a window or balcony is a plus. As the above members have mentioned, the scenery of the Inside Passage is spectacular. Besides viewing glaciers from the comfort of our balcony, we also saw playful whales and sea lions sunning themselves on shore during our cruise. Have a great cruising experience!

Alaskawiner
Old 04-05-2004, 11:24 AM

Does it matter which side of the ship you are on or is there scenery on both sides?
Old 04-05-2004, 01:51 PM

Both sides, in the Inside Passage. Of course, wildlife or a special aspect of scenery (glacier, waterfall, etc.) might be spotted on the opposite side of the ship from you, so be prepared to go outside to see things too. However, the balcony will allow you to see the scenery and other things anytime - when you just wake up, for example, or are dressing for dinner. (Just be sure to throw on a robe first!)

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, balacony, balcony, carnival, choose, choosing, cruise, cruises, recommend, review, reviews, room, rooms, window