Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 09:41 AM

The reviews I have read all relate to the higher priced staterooms. Does anyone have any comments on the inside, cheap rooms? Size, cleanliness, noise bleed, etc.

Edit: Moved to General Cruise Chat. RF
Old 10-26-2005, 10:57 AM

I enjoy inside cabins and would pay a premium for one. I love the fact that you can turn off your lights and take a nap anytime that you want. I tend to work a lot on the computer when I cruise and when I get tired, I can turn off the lights and take a quick power nap.

Further they are usually located inthe best area of the ship if there is any weather because the higher you get, the more the motion. Ditto for being inside, outside cabins are just going to move that much more if there is a rocking motion.

Just my opinion, but I think they have a bad rap. I love the fact that they are the least expensive.

BTW, Welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

Tom
Old 10-26-2005, 11:53 AM

SM,

like Tom I don't mind staying in an inside cabin. Actually I don't care for an oceanview cabin (unless it has a balcony - which is really something special IMHO).

There is no difference in the level of attention paid to an inside cabin vs. an oceanview cabin by the cabin steward. As far as size is concerned, it depends from ship to ship. On some ships, inside cabins are smaller than the smallest outside cabin, while on others they are the same size.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 10-26-2005, 02:11 PM

SM, on most of the ships built in the last 10 years, the inside cabins are pretty much the same size as the standard outside. In fact, they look the same in every way as outside rooms including that they have curtains -- but no window behind the curtains. You may want to stay above the bottom passenger deck, in case there are engine or anchor noises (which you would hear in an outside cabin on that deck, too). The cleanliness and everything else is identical to any other cabin.

Like Tom, my husband prefers an inside room if we're on a short cruise, also so he (or we) can take a nap in the afternoon. On short cruises in particular, you're only in there to sleep and change clothes.

A lot of people like outside cabins, not so much to look out the window, but so that light comes into the room. You know when it's morning! In an inside room, you could sleep until noon and never know the difference. My eyes never adjust to the lack of light.

Sandy
Old 10-26-2005, 02:58 PM

We always get an inside cabin for our kids across from our outside. I would not want it any other way for them and the same as the other posts the kids LOVE it b/c they can stay up REALLY late and then sleep really late the next morning. We have a triple or quad interior so it seems a little more cramped but the doubles are not at all.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 10-26-2005, 03:16 PM

I agree with everyone. The interior cabins are big enough, extremely quiet and we slept so sound in them. If the choice was between inside and oceanview, I'd probably pick inside and use the savings for shopping.

However, if the choice was between inside and balcony, and the price was even remotely comparable, I'd pick balcony.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:54 PM

SM,

Welcome to Cruise Reviews.
Cabin selection is always a tough one. And everyone has their choice.

I agree with everyone's postings. Inside cabins do get a bad rep. However, they allow me savings for more cruises and that is a good thing.
Certain cruises a balcony cabin is a must for me. 1st time Panama Canal, Med, Tahiti to name a few.
While other times it is nice to have the inside to get that wonderful dark sleep!! It really is dark.

Service is equal. Space usually adequate. Some of the older ships they can be smaller.

Happy Cruising

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 10-26-2005, 08:08 PM
We prefer inside cabins, mostly because of cost. The amount saved by booking an inside instead of a balcony pays our cruise expenses. We are there to sleep and dress. I keep saying, "Next cruise I'm booking a balcony," but, I always go back to booking the inside - midships to aft. You don't feel any ship movement, and if there is bad weather, you can't see it either.....
Old 10-27-2005, 03:11 AM

We also prefer inside cabins. Once we got an upgrade to an outside cabin and my husband had problems, because it was not dark enough.
And we also like taking a nap in the afternoon and therefore it also has to be dark.
And why do I need a balcony an a transatlantic cruise in november. It is for sure too cold, to sit outside. Okay Panamacanal or some other destinations will be fine with a balcony, but the price is so much higher, that itīs almost a third of a price for the next cruise.

And for the price difference you have to pay, we can make some shore excursions or have the money for the tip at the end of the cruise, because we prefer longer cruises, at least 11 nights.

Old 10-27-2005, 04:16 AM

Hi, I'm just about to embark on my eighth cruise. We always book an inside cabin. They have been more than adequate for us, always sleep very well. Once we were upgraded to an outside didn't find out till on ship, found that cabin to be smaller than the inside we had on the same ship the year before. I personally would rather save the money and have an inside. As said previously lovely for afternoon naps. Less movement. Can also see better the condition outside by tuning into ships cam on room TV, than through some of the windows.
Never had a balcony so can't really comment on that, but part of our cruise is to interact with fellow passengers, can't do that sitting on a private balcony.
12 days till next cruise
Middy.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cabin, cabins, caribbean, cleanliness, cruise, facility, inside, interior, lights, prefer, pretty, questions, reviews, royal