Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 08:52 AM

So how late have any of you booked a cruise ? I booked one last May a month before (I was leaving a job, and had to use vacation days before I left). It was perfect; went on a cruise, gave my 2 weeks notice, a month later new job. I did the e docs that time which were brilliant, and I cruised solo, with a fantastic last minute airfare and priceline hotel the night before. Very relaxing vacation on the Enchantment of the Seas.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I booked up to 2 weeks prior to departure.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM

A friend from work just went on a New Years cruise that he booked 8 days before it left. I was amazed that there we cabins left. Carnival Ecstasy, if anyone happened to be on board.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:33 PM
On Baltic cruise we booked 10 days before it left. My partner had just gotten his passport and decided he would like to try this cruise.

Need some cruise help?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Administrator

My cousins booked a Baltic cruise a couple of summers ago just 9 days before it left. It was a special instance, though, as the line had dropped St. Petersburg due to an International Summit being held there. They were able to get a great cruise fare as a result, although the airfare set them back a bit.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:32 PM

I had a client call me from a cell phone stating that due to a major traffic delay heading to the pier from VA he'd missed his ship but could still see it sailing away from Ft. Lauderdale. Later after attempts to find a flight to catch up to the ship were unsuccessful I called on several ships scheduled to leave the following day from Ft. Lauderdale and all were full. About ten minutes later I got a call from CCL notifying me a ship in Miami had some cancellations and they were offering upgrades to another passenger I had booked for the next day cruise. I asked what they would do with the cabin they moved my client from and they said it was available. I called the first stranded client back on his cell phone and he drove to Miami and got on the ship the next day. Cost him for two cruise bookings but he had insurance for the first so he got his money back from that one.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
Administrator

A post I made earlier today reminded me of my own short booking window for one cruise. I was on a weekend cruise of SS SeaBreeze in 2000, which is my all-time favorite ship (tied with SS Norway). Given that we'd enjoyed the ship previously, and had a great time on that weekend return, we literally walked off the ship, called the travel agent, and booked again for the next month.

Unfortunately, the line went out of business just one day before we were to depart. Still, this is the first, and only, time we've ever done something like this.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM

In Feb, 2000 at around 2 p.m. I had called my travel agent and asked her to keep an eye open for anything that I might be interested in. She told me about some different places that were available in the mear future, but nothing I was interested in though. Then she said there is a package for a southern Caribbean cruise, but it is leaving from an airport in another provience (3 & 1/2 hr. drive) at 7 a.m. the next morning. I had to track down my daughter and see if she wanted to go as my room mate. I called back my travel agent and she booked it for us. No time for any documents!!! Had to drag out the "summer" clothes and pack. hit the road at 7 p.m. and drove to the airport.
Spent the rest of the night in the airport and met an agent early that morning who gave us our papers. By 11:00 a.m. we were on the Inspiration docked at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic!!! How's that for a last minute cruise? We are still amazed about how that trip happened!!!!! Smooth sailing folks.....
Old 01-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by oreo:
In Feb, 2000 at around 2 p.m. I had called my travel agent and asked her to keep an eye open for anything that I might be interested in. .
I doubt you would be able to do that now.
After 9-1-1 things have changed
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
20, air, airfare, cruise, crusing, deal, discount, fares, lawrence, lines, minute, mybb, powered, priceline, st, travel, vbulletin, versus