Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 12:37 AM

i had read somewhere that ABSOLUTLY no liquids were aloud on the plane in your carry on...but isint it true that you can have liquids, gels etc.. if they are in a 3oz or less containter and in a sm. zip lock plastic bag?? please someone who has flown recently confirm this for me ...thanks

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Yes, you are allowed to bring some limited amounts of liquids with you onboard the aircraft as carry-ons. They must be in containers that do not exceed 3.5 fluid oz (or 100ml for our friends outside the USA). And you can carry as many of these 3.5 fluid oz (100ml) containers of liquid that can reasonably fit inside a quart size (liter size) ziploc bag. If you can close the ziploc bag, that would be considered reasonable.

I heard that you must run the ziploc bag full of liquid items separately through the X-ray machine at the airport. And I heard the same goes for:
-Laptops
-C-Paps and Bi-Paps
-DVD players
- Game systems (Nintendo,Gamecube,X-Box, etc.)
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 AM

We forgot about a bottle of had sanitizer & left it in our carry on bad & they picked up on the scanner last year but missed 2 small bottles of liquor even though they weren't in the 1 gallon bag. Not to much slips by them.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Administrator

It is 3 ounces per container, not 3.5. This is referred to as the 3-1-1 bag. Read the details here at the TSA website.

It isn't that hard to do. Simply put your liquids in a 1 quart ziplock and remove it from your carry-on and send it through the x-ray. Actually it doesn't have to be in a separate bin - I've sent my 3-1-1 bag through in the same bin as my laptop (yes, it has to be removed from it's case).
Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 AM

We had some half full bottles of toiletries confiscated on our return trip. They contained well under 100ml but were in larger containers. As the security person pointed out, 'We can't beging to measure things.' She was right; we were careless. But it was our return flight.

Life would be a lot more complicated without zip lock bags.

On a similar note, all prescriptions should go in similar bags. We always bring along the drug store summary of our prescriptions. Never had a problem.

Ruth
Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 AM

In addition to the things listed on the TSA website that you can bring in larger quantities (e.g.baby food, medications, etc) are the plastic bottles of contact lens solution. We declare it separately from our 3-1-1 bag, and have never had a problem carrying it on.

Sandy
Old 10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Dave:

Actually, the rules were changed after the information that is still listed on the TSA website (which you provided a link to).

The liquid limit went up from 3 fluid oz, to 3.4 fluid oz. That is so that the liquid limit is the same here in the USA as it is overseas (3.4oz = 100ml). I said 3.5 fluid oz before, and that was wrong, but I have a tendency to round numbers off.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Frase,

You are right! And I am disappointed that this took effect in November of 2006 yet TSA has not updated their website. No excuse for that.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carry, cruise, cruises, fluid, gamecube, items, limit, line, liquid, liquids, norwegian, ounce, oz, royal, ships