My husband and I are thinking of taking our first cruise to Alaska this August with 2 kids (1.5 yrs and 2.5 yrs) and parents (@ 55 yrs old). I will really appreciate if some of the experienced folks can help me with the following questions :
1. Is August a good time for Alaska Cruise? Am I too late in booking it ?
2. Any recommendation on the cruise line given that we will be travelling with little kids and parents ?
3. Is there any recommended website/agent to book the trip (I am in the bay area, california)
Due to the fact that I am also researching a cruise (for 2008 though) I cannot gaurentee what I tell you but this is what I have learned.
1. Yes, Auguest is wonderful for young ones. In June it stays light very late into the night and may be hard to get adjusted to. You will see the fall colors in Alaska. Check weather.com to see the difference in climate. Alaksa cruise do book up quickly but you may still have time booking your cruise. Prices on flights is another story.
2. Royal Caribbean and Princess and Carnival are great with kids. All the major cruise lines have set up programs but Princess has set up special excursions for kids.
2. Although I do not no of any particular site. I would be glad to research the cruise for you but will be unable to book since I am not a travel agent. VTG is a great website too!
August will be a good time to go. You will still be able to get space. However; you might not be able to get a balcony. I would recommend comparing the cruise lines air program (which would include transfers) to getting the air on your own. All the cruiselines have some type of children programs. Holland America and Princess have been in Alaska the longest. You might want to look for a cruise oriented travel agent. You can look here and type in your zipcode to find one in your area.
With multiple generations as you describe look hard at Princess and Royal Caribbean. Princess has more ships/itin's to offer. Another good choice is NCL's new Pearl. I've recieved extremely good reviews from clients on her.
As Cruise Fanatic points out Holland also has a major presence there, like Princess. However with small children I'm not sure that would be the best choice.
Whatever you decide have a great time and let us know how your trip was when you get back.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2