Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 02:17 PM

HI Guys. I am in the process of looking for a ship for my husband and I to renew our vows. We have cruised Carnival and Royal Carribean. We are looking at Carnival Miracle, Star Princess and the Mariner of the Seas. (all Western Carribean)
I want a ship with a chapel, I want to take the 10,12 & 13 year old but I want things for the kids but also somewhat of a second honeymoon.We enjoy dancing, sunbathing, the shows and excursions. RCCI has the cheapest vow renewal packages, where Carnival and Princess run higher and about the same. Princess offers video cam where family at home can watch the ceremony. Anybody been on all of these ships and give me an idea of which way I should go.
I really have NO experience with Princess though and don't want to be disappointed.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 02-19-2006, 02:17 PM

HI Guys. I am in the process of looking for a ship for my husband and I to renew our vows. We have cruised Carnival and Royal Carribean. We are looking at Carnival Miracle, Star Princess and the Mariner of the Seas. (all Western Carribean)
I want a ship with a chapel, I want to take the 10,12 & 13 year old but I want things for the kids but also somewhat of a second honeymoon.We enjoy dancing, sunbathing, the shows and excursions. RCCI has the cheapest vow renewal packages, where Carnival and Princess run higher and about the same. Princess offers video cam where family at home can watch the ceremony. Anybody been on all of these ships and give me an idea of which way I should go.
I really have NO experience with Princess though and don't want to be disappointed.
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 02-20-2006, 10:50 AM

I've been on all three lines but not had the vow renewal ceremony. I do have friends that got married on Princess and found it very romantic. (one note, you must buy their photos if you want them because they are not 'copyable' and you cannot have or buy the negatives).

If you read the fine print in the Princess brochures, it states that the vow renewal ceremony will be communal should there be other guests onboard also wishing to have their vows renewed. Not sure if other lines have similar policies.

Princess would be my choice, unless it was myself/DH and 6 other couples - might be a little odd.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 02-20-2006, 11:05 AM

The Miracle is a pretty ship. I am sure the kids would have a great time on her. There is a giant Frankenstein in the Disco lounge and the smaller show lounge is called "Mad Hatters", deco is like Alice in Wonderland. Haven't been on the other two ships.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:46 AM

We had our Vow Renewal on Golden Princess a few years ago; there were several couples in the Atrium bar (which was nicely decorated with flowers and serving complimentary champagne) but each couple was dealt with individually in the Chapel.

The Princess package was excellent, it included a cabin upgrade, free photos and frames, a bottle of champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries every day, champagne breakfast in bed (but we had it on the balcony), a bridge visit, even the Captain sent a handwritten card.

Because it was also our anniversary, we got more champagne and another free framed photo.

Because it was my wife's birthday (we married on her 21st) we got - guess what - more champagne and yet another photo.

Total score.... 5 bottles of champagne on a 7 night cruise.... I was gasping for a beer instead! And there really is a limit to the number of chocolate dipped strawberries you can eat!!

Don't know if this package has changed since then though....... I really wouldn't like a communal renewal ceremony at all.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:55 AM

quote:
And there really is a limit to the number of chocolate dipped strawberries you can eat!!

Uh...speak for yourself!

Sandy a.k.a. chocoholic

(And all that champagne didn't sound so bad, either!)
Old 02-21-2006, 10:04 AM

Ooooh Don't think I want a communal service but this is also our anniversary so the Princess ships sounds mighty romantic and wonderful. We have only cruised RCCI and Carnival. Are there lots of fun things for the kids to do on the bigger Princess cruises? It would be Princess Star I believe (7 nght Western Carribean) that we would go on.
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, ceremony, cruise, freedom, glory, princess, renew, renewal, reviews, royal, ship, show, vow, vows