Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Carla, funny you should mention Greece. When I was in the Air Force I went to Athens for a week. While on the beach, I discovered topless sunbathing. So, I decided, when in Greece do as the greeks do. I did go topless, with my fit and trim 19 y/o body. But, so was EVERYONE else. Almost every women/girl was topless. I remember pregnant and obese ladies topless too. And of course, almost all the men had speedos on. It just goes to show, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and how different cultural norms are. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Bye the way, I enjoyed being topless at that age. Now, with some extra weight, no way. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Hi, I'll chip in here. I came to this country for 20 years, got used to everything here, I went back to my country to visit. At a pool, I have to look away every time a guy with a speedo walks by or wanders in front of me, and they are not even fat or anything. My baby she was six at the time, she was like "Ewww, mommy why those people wear underwear? Do they have swim trunks like daddy? To me, no matter what, old men, fat or skinny. Swim trunks look nicer on men than speedos.
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 11-18-2006, 09:18 AM

I see people weighing in on this from all over but where are our friends from Europe? Hmmmm.

What about the subject of people claiming chairs by the pool even when they are nowhere to be found? Where are you guys? On the jogging track?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:00 AM

I am from the US, and I don't want to see old guys in speedos.

Would be a rare thing on US based cruises. What was more common, but I think the trend is over was US women wearing thongs, that should have been wearing wraps. I thought that thing was gonna snap on a couple of them!

I say is a place and time for everything. A Family cruise is not the place. The most funny thing is.. the people that wear this stuff are either deprived of attention, or are the ones that have no clue they are grossing everyone out.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, chat, cruise, greece, guys, men, orient, people, ships, skinny, speedos, speeods, straining, wear, wearing