Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 AM

I know it's a cultural thing and I wouldn't want cruise lines to legislate anything but nothing creeps me out more on a cruise than these old guys walking through the buffet or on the lifts etc. wearing nothing but a speedo!

Matter of fact, I don't think I would enjoy seeing young guys walk around that way either but in general, they don't.

I guess between that and people leaving their towel and a book on a chair by the pool all day, are my only pet peeves and are easily endured or ignored for the greater pleasures afforded on a cruise!

In the "pathetic" category, (not really a bother to me) are those who get drunk and depend on others to look after them as if they have nothing else to do.

You have these where ever you go and they are simply annoyances for the most part. This forum bosts some well-seasoned cruise addicts and I am sure that people have opinions on this.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:09 AM

There is one thing worse than seeing the speedos and that is when they take them off at orient beach. there really should be some type of law against that for sure!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 11-17-2006, 09:07 AM

I once saw an old guy that was so fat that you couldn't tell he was wearing anything until he walked past and I could see this thin line of speedo material straining not to rip...

What are these guys thinking? eeewwww
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-17-2006, 09:26 AM

Don't just single out the guys, there are plenty of females in string bikinis that have NO business wearing them.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:42 PM

I totally agree with Penny. On our last cruise, there were a few women that should NOT have worn a bikini. What are THEY thinking?? How unattractive is that. By the way, no one should be wearing bathing suits in the buffet line anyway. Show some respect for people trying to eat. At least wear a cover-up.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:09 PM

Hey Guys
Less of the OLD OLD I've seen younger people of both sexes who shoudn't be seen in speedos or bikinis . Personally I'm a trim 70's male and I still have a six pack (I don't mean of beer) and I would not be seen in speedos. I wear shorts when swimming and I wouldn't be wearing them in a dining area anyway.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:26 PM

What about the children onboard? Should they be seeing things that make us sick? I'm glad there is a dress code in the windjammer on RCCL ships. Leave the bikinies and the speedos for the beaches. No need to wear them on a cruise ship. Do they really think they look good in them?

Sonny
Old 11-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Administrator

On our Freedom cruise in June there was this elderly couple who either 1) had no idea how foolish they looked, or 2) didn't care. In either case they were not being considerate for the rest of us. Both of them had tans that I, as a radiation protection professional, would classify as extreme. And to show these tans off, both of them wore as little as possible. The man was in a thong sort of speedo and the woman was in a bikini. They were easily in their mid to late 70's, but then again the level of skin damage may have exaggerated the perceived age.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:33 PM

LOL Dave! You know when a guy that specializes in radiation is alarmed by your tan that it's time to go inside for a while- or start taking some OCD meds.

I can't believe what I am reading here! Everyone needs to go spend some time in Greece- NOW. You will learn to be a little less harsh about bodies. Who cares if someone is wearing a one piece or a bikini? Does it really matter- in terms of what is covered up?

Bathing suits in the buffet line are kind of gross- I'll give you that. But speedos, trunks, bikinis- who cares. If someone could time travel from 1910 to now he would not even be able to tell the difference.

Cruisers, by and large, are overweight, middle aged, and unfit. Let's all cut ourselves some slack.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:18 PM

Who cares? Believe it or not, not everyone is a liberal. I wouldn't ever wear something I know would be offensive relative to general public. Especially with family and children. There is a proper place for a person to wear certain apparel. I don't think a cruise ship is that place. What's next, mooning? And, that statement about cruisers by and large being overweight, middle aged, and unfit... HOW ABOUT CUTTING US SOME SLACK!

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, chat, cruise, greece, guys, men, orient, people, ships, skinny, speedos, speeods, straining, wear, wearing