Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 04:20 AM

I am outta here in less than two days. Can everyone give me their top money saving tips? My pax are a motley bunch- two kids, two teens and a 78 year old woman.

My mother is coming, too, but she is on her own, $ wise.

We are staying in Galveston for two nights beforehand- in a suite with cooking facilities (hahahaha).

Believe it or not, my worst thought is how much dirty laundry I will be bringing ON BOARD. Even if I do laundry the night before we leave Galveston there will be PLENTY.

Thanks, all.

Carla
Old 08-10-2005, 05:01 AM

Hi Carlalena,

the poor person, travelling with 4 children and an old mother.
I hope you have a good time and very important, some time for yourself onboard.

On the Zenith the prices for laundry were not so expensive. On some ships are washing machines availible, maybe on the Elation too.
But it must be horrable, to come on board and do the laundry for 6 persons.

Sorry, but I have no money saving tips for you.
But I wish you a very nice cruise, no poblems with the old lady or the kids and I hope you can enjoy some parts of the cruise.

Hold in your mind, that the next cruise is perhaps without the kids, only for you and your needs and wishes.

Best wishes, Marita
(going on vacation tomorrow close to the Northsea in the Netherlands).

Old 08-10-2005, 07:03 AM

Carla,
You have to be getting excited (even if you have the whole family in tow)! Wow!! Two days - wish I was going (I have to wait until the end of the month to escape). Have an absolutely fabulous time and we are all looking forward to your stories (I know you will have some) when you return.

As for money saving tips - I have 2: First, set a monetary limit you are comfortable with for the children each day - video games, sodas, souenirs in port, etc. all add up quickly (AND then - the hardest thing for a Mom to do - stick to it!!) Secondly, don't rush to buy the photos. I always suggest you fight the urge and wait until the end of the cruise - then pick out that one photo that seems to best represent the cruise and act as a lasting memory.

Oh yeah, as a sidenote: Allow yourself at least one luxury that is not inline with "money saving tips" - purchase a spa package or order those fancy drinks at the pool non-stop (or do both) - Remember, you deserve it!!!

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-10-2005, 07:04 AM

Marita,
Have a safe and wonderful journey yourself. Look forward to chatting with you when you return.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-10-2005, 05:25 PM
If the kids drink a lot of sodas get them the unlimited soda card. if they buy each soda they add up fast.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 08-11-2005, 10:38 AM

Marita, This sounds familiar!! I sailed on the Elation its inaugrual year to Mexico, and had two kids and my mom!! And you know, I had a blast!! My money saving tip is this: on Lido deck there was free beverage service that consisted of coffee, tea, and juice!! The kids just wanted something cold, so the juice was satisfactory and my mom and I were happy too. Have fun!! Sharon
Old 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM

I bought the kids a drink card but my husband and I shared one instead of buying one for each of us, it saved $44.

Also I guess you know you can book the excursions yourself to keep from paying the prices onboard.

Some things are worth the money though(letting the kids go to the late night PJ party(minimal cost, paying for at least one night in the higher dining room, a few pretty drink!)
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 08-13-2005, 06:11 PM

Carla, Have a wonderful cruise....I can't wait to read the review.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, hurricane, money, saving, ships, smoothest, water