Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2002, 11:04 AM

Hello, my boyfriend and I will be going on RC-Majesty. I want to know..WHO do we tip, WHEN do we tip and WHERE do we tip??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] For Example, do we tip anyone at the Windjammer?? It might be a silly question since the Windjammer is a buffet..but we just dont want to leave anyone out! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Also, I wanted to know if the Deluxe-Oceanview in Commodore deck..is worth the extra amount.
We're not sure what kind of room to reserve.
Oceanview in Mariner deck or D-Oceanview in Comm deck. Any suggestions would Help!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
*** Thanks! *** [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 11:04 AM

Hello, my boyfriend and I will be going on RC-Majesty. I want to know..WHO do we tip, WHEN do we tip and WHERE do we tip??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] For Example, do we tip anyone at the Windjammer?? It might be a silly question since the Windjammer is a buffet..but we just dont want to leave anyone out! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Also, I wanted to know if the Deluxe-Oceanview in Commodore deck..is worth the extra amount.
We're not sure what kind of room to reserve.
Oceanview in Mariner deck or D-Oceanview in Comm deck. Any suggestions would Help!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
*** Thanks! *** [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2002, 11:34 AM

I have never sailed on RCCL but in general the people you tip are your room steward, waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and Matre D if you feel they have done something special for you. All drinks you purchase will have a 15% tip automatically added. If you get room service most people tip a couple bucks to whoever delivers the order.

As far as the buffet you do not tip the people in the buffet unless you figure they did something exceptional for you at the time. If you look around all the staff taking care of tables in the buffet are the waiters and assitant waiters that are not on duty in the main dining rooms for lunch or breakfast. This means you can consider that your tip to them in the dining room on the last night also takes care of some of the work they do during the day in the other dining areas.

Tips are normally given out on the last night of a cruise. There should be envelopes in your room or you can get them at the pursers desk. The one exception to this is if automatic tipping is on that ship, which I don't think RCCL has.

I hope this helps you some. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2002, 01:33 PM

Thanks the info given was great. I just did not want to leave anyone out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I went on Carnival in Apr02 with my mother, but everything was pre-paid (including the tip). Well again Thanks alot! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Closed Thread