Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2006, 12:25 PM

Hi all - I'm trying to help a friend determine which "honeymoon" Western Caribbean cruise to take out of Galveston/Houston spring/summer 2008. I was shocked to find that Princess and NCL are pulling out of the Texas market next year. That leaves only Carnival and Royal Caribbean...and less fighting over parking now that I think about it. LOL! Does anyone know of any plans to bring more ships to Texas area?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:58 PM

Cruisemama- I didn't know that Princess was pulling out too. But I had heard that RCL was bringing in Voyager of the Seas in late 07/early 08. So it does look like Carnival and RCL are committed to Galveston. Either of them would be fine for a honeymoon (both go to the same ports) Unless they want to do a shorter cruise, Carnival offers a 5 day cruise also.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-19-2006, 09:42 PM

For a Honeymoon Cruise from Houston, I would recommend the 7 day ... never been on RCL, but the Conquest is terrific ... the 5 day CCL goes to Progreso & Cozumel ... We just got back from a change of port to Progreso and we weren't too impressed ... we had fun doing what we did, but Cozumel would have been better - hurricane damage and all!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:04 PM

RCI is also pulling out of Houston. I haven't heard that the others were but RCI will be doing it's last cruises in I believe April 08.
Not sure how late Spring you are talking about. I haven't been on any ship other than Rhapsody & it was wonderful. We are going on Splendour Nov 30 & then on Rhapsody on June 3
Old 10-28-2006, 07:56 AM
NCL Dream & Jewel usually go to Europe in the spring & summer months ...maybe that is why nothing shows for Houston then.
It is a bit early for 2008 schedules for the summer.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 11-03-2006, 04:45 AM

Why are they pulling out of Galveston?

Progreso, let's see... if I pulled into Progreso on my honeymoon I would think it was some kind of omen and immediately return to my cabin to commence praying and bargaining with the spirits.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Actually, RCCL is not leaving Texas but rather they are moving their ships around. The Voyager Of The Seas will be moved to Galveston next year. However I think there may be a gap between moves when they have no presence in this market.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:03 PM

We took the Conquest out of Galveston for our honeymoon and found it just what we wanted out of a honeymoon! Only problem was we were seated at a table full of honeymooners, nice to mingle people in the same situation, not nice since we were all honeymooners and no one ever came out of their room for dinner! We sat alone at a table for eight at least every other night
Not really the question but I was laughing about it in my head and thought i'd share

Add Your Cruise Review
Old 12-29-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlalena1:
Why are they pulling out of Galveston?

Progreso, let's see... if I pulled into Progreso on my honeymoon I would think it was some kind of omen and immediately return to my cabin to commence praying and bargaining with the spirits.
LOL! I hated Progreso! All those chunks of cement everywhere! We went to Merida City and I was SO scared we were going to get separated from the tour guide when we were out walking! She said, "If something happens and you get left behind, just take a taxi to the ranch where the rodeo/meal will be."

Caribbean Islands Guide

Grand Lido Resorts: All Inclusive

Caribbean Hotel Reviews

Past cruises-

Ecstasy-October 2006
Splendour of the Seas- February 2007

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, galveston, honeymoon, houston, ncl, parking, port, rcl, reviews, transportation