Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 04:30 AM
It really started out with distinations for us, we went to Alaska first and that hooked us on the Cruise part. We decided to cruise in Europe next and did a few there. Now sometimes it the ship first and we don't care where it is going, like the EPIC. We have been to Bermuda twice and just got back and we are going again in May. Now that is one place I could repeat. I think as you cruise it changes for each of us on what you are looking at. We did the Solstice last Feb and the Ship was our destination. After we go on the 3 we have booked, we really want to do a River Cruise perhaps on Uniworld or Viking that will be different! I think everyone would agree Alaska is one cruise that is easy to repeat, it is so darn beautiful and relaxing, LOVE it

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-29-2009, 09:04 AM

I guess it really depends on the person, and the ship. I'm already thinking about maybe going back to Grand Cayman in the near future. However, this means probably repeating the same itinerary I just did, but on a different ship. (Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico.) As mentioned before, you can do something that you haven't done before in a repeat port, or find something new, or just stay onboard.

So far, on cruises, I've been to Nassau, CocoCay, Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I'd like to try to go to Bermuda, so that may be my next one, maybe this coming calendar year. It really depends on prices, though. My past two cruises I've gone somewhat late in the year. My first one in 2007 I went in early October, and my most recent (and only other) one in late September of this year.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 AM

I have been on 6 cruises so far and going again next year. I try to go on different ships and different ports.
I would like to know how can i post on here the different ships and dates I have been on? Thank you.

Carnival Triumph 2007
Carnival Triumph 2006
Carnival Victory 2005
Carnival inspiration 2004
NCL Majesty 2002
NCL Sea 2002

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 PM

Rusty57, in the upper left hand corner, click on Go, then Personal Zone, then Profile, then click view/edit, you can add your cruises into your signature. Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Rusty57, in the upper left hand corner, click on Go, then Personal Zone, then Profile, then click view/edit, you can add your cruises into your signature. Hope this helps.
Thank you Penny.

Carnival Triumph 2007
Carnival Triumph 2006
Carnival Victory 2005
Carnival inspiration 2004
NCL Majesty 2002
NCL Sea 2002

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 PM

Hey Corkgirl,

8 Cruises already to the Caribbean (Eastern, Western and Southern); one to Eastern Mediterranean. As someone mentioned earlier, transatlantic airfare is a real killer and something that has to be considered when booking European cruises. Having had a taste of the Greek Isles and Italy this past May on CRown Princess has definitely led me to book another cruise for May 2010 this time to include Egypt on RCCL. Europe is so worth it with so much incredible history. I must say that it was our most memorable and wonderful of all the cruises we have taken. Notwithstanding when the weather in Canada is nasty, well, we take off for the Caribbean at least once during the winter and cruise which line is giving a good deal. I am not overly choosy as long as the ship does not cater to smokers (hate smell of smoke) Of course, we also spend a couple of weeks in Florida at some point during the winter too or we go off the Hawaii. In terms of visting the same ports, always nice to get off the ship if only for an hour if you have been there and done that and then go come back on ship and enjoy the ship's facilities.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:25 PM

I may be repeating 2 ports on my next cruise, and just doing something different than I did the last time. The ports I would be repeating would be Grand Cayman and Cozumel, in addition to 2 ports I haven't been to: Labadee, Haiti and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Again, whether or not I go, as I have mentioned in earlier posts, depends on family issues and schedules.

I live on the East Coast, so it's mainly either New England, Canada, or the Caribbean in terms of where I go for cruises.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM

I live in Italy, so I've cruised the whole Mediterranean Sea from the atlantic islands to MidEast.
Now I'm booked on a cruise starting in the northern sea to end, as usual, in the Med (Amsterdam to Venice).
When I returned to a port I had been before, it wasn't boring: I think it's better. You know the place and become far more an aware visitor.

And anyway I like touring the ship too.

Next step (2011) will be cruising in the Caribbean: I want to book an American Cruise Line, for in the Med I've cruised only on Italian ships.
I loved them, but seems ACLs have a different "flavour" ... that I'd like to discover in addition to a new ship and new ports of call.

I'm looking forward to this "triple" new experience ...
or should I say "quad" ?
I've heard that on ACLs there's only one official language (instead of six as I'm used to).
If I'll be forced to speak English ... OK, that will be a part of the fun.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 PM

Fredo, if you speak English even close to the way you write it, you won't have any problems at all. Your English is better than some Americans I've known!

You'll enjoy sailing the Caribbean. It's more relaxing with less "must-see" sightseeing than Europe. But you'll never be bored. Keep us posted as to which ship you choose.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 PM

Fredo, No worries! There will be a myriad of languages spoken on board. Many of the ships have Italian Officers. You'll be fine. Most cruise lines also print the daily news letter in multiple languages. Just ask your cabin steward to deliver it in Italian, or they will normally have them available at the Guest Services Desk. Heck, I speak what is supposed to be English (Appalachian/Southern US) and half of the people don't understand me.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
com, cruise, cruisereviews, cruisers, cruises, excursion, ive, key, marco, polo, prices, regular, uniworl, west