Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 09:02 AM

Just got back from Mexico cruise and thought it would be great for all of us to list our favorite packing tips.

1. Buy toothbrushes just for the trip, you don't have to pack a wet toothbrush either way, and you can pack it days ahead and never forget your toothbrush again.

2. Tie a ribbon around the top of the hangers in your garmet back. Keeps your formal from slipping to the bottom of the bag in a crumple, and helps intentify your bags when you return home.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:03 PM

I do the same thing with the toothbrushes. I got a 5 pack of toothbrushes with travel caps on them for a $1 in Dollar Tree. I throw them away the last day of the cruise.

I also put my items that may leak in ziploc bags--body spray, hair spray, etc., before I pack them so they don't mess up my clothing.

If you need more than those small travel sized shampoos, plan ahead. Stop using your "opened" shampoo when it is half full, and put it aside to pack for your trip. OR if you can do without your regular for a few days buy a 2 in 1 (like Pert Plus) so you don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner. (Some ships also supply shampoo) This will make your luggage a little lighter anyway. I do the same thing with my lotion because I use a specific kind, and use it a lot. (I have reallllly dry skin)

Pack a few extra hangers if you like to hang everything up. I have found that there aren't usually enough hangers for what I bring PLUS what my roommate(s) bring(s).
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, mexico, packing, tips