Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: OK, this is always a hot topic, and I thought it might be interesting to get the more clinical resu
Yes, tuxes and cocktail dresses for me! 25 45.45%
Yes, dark suits and skirt/blouse/dress 19 34.55%
Sort of, dress shirt/pants for both 6 10.91%
No, I wear what I'm comfortable in 1 1.82%
No, I avoid the dining room on formal nights 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 11:37 AM

well, in my opinion there's nothing like a man in his dress blues. My husband is active duty AF and I never get tired of seeing him in his formal uniform. I also feel luckly to be on the arm of such a handsome man in my formal gown.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 PM

My mom owns hundreds of those really "beady" expensive prom like gowns(not the puffy ones). Do you think that'll too overboard or is that pretty normal.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:40 AM

Beaded dresses is very normal. They sell them in the onboard shops too.

The dress blues is ok for the guys. It saves them from having to buy a suit. But as a female, when I was in the AF I looked forward to getting out of the uniform and being able to dress up in something that made me feel pretty. Always hated wearing my hair pinned up.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 PM

If you go on a 7 night or longer cruise there are two formal nights. The first is the most formal that's where I wear an evening gown or beautiful cocktail gown. The 2nd formal night is not as formal I would wear a fun short dress, or a skirt and blouse. I like to see guys in Tuxedos but one guy on my last cruise forgot to bring a white shirt, he wore a black suit with black shirt and black tie, he looked great like a young Johnny Cash!

Couples Resorts: All Inclusive
Old 02-15-2006, 01:24 PM

After 4 cruises on Princess, we are headed to Hawaii on the Celebrity Summit. I am not 100% on "informal night" I understand the casual and formal. Can someone elighten me?
Signed,
Attire challenged!

Caribbean Weather

Sea Princess - 2001
Tahitian Princess - 2002
Golden Princess - 2003
Sapphire Princess - 2004
Carnival Paradise - 2005
Celebrity Summit - 2006
Old 02-15-2006, 02:54 PM

Do you mean the less less formal or second formal night? If so a suit for a man or dress pants and a sport coat would be fine. A short to mid length dress for a lady would be fine.

Normal nights in the dining room= no jeans docker type pants for men or dress pants, collar shirt long or short sleeve. Women everything from shirts,sundress,capri pants,dress pants pant suits. Hope this explains things for you. Think Resort casual.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:01 PM

Thanks Showcat. When we sailed with Princess there was only casual and formal nights. I see in the Celebrity brochure that there are 3 catagories. Casual, informal and formal.
I believe they are expecting tux's on formal nights, and sport coats on informal nights.
Does this sound right?
Thanks

Caribbean Weather

Sea Princess - 2001
Tahitian Princess - 2002
Golden Princess - 2003
Sapphire Princess - 2004
Carnival Paradise - 2005
Celebrity Summit - 2006
Old 02-16-2006, 02:01 PM

Well I have not been on Celebrity yet. I would say a tuxedo you can't go wrong but if you don't want to rent one, or don't have one go with a nice dark suit. I think being a more upscale line however there will be many tuxes but I dought everyone will have one.

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, captains, caribbean, carnival, cruise, evenings, fascination, formal, golden, hawaii, imagination, lines, night, nights, princess