Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2004, 03:10 PM

My husband and I will be going on our first cruise in January on the Holland America. Out ship returns to Ft. Lauderdale on Sat. the 22nd at 8am. The last flight I can get for our return home is at 11:40am.

What are your views about us making that flight? Is it a slow process to get off the ship? If we miss that flight, we will have to wait until Monday for another flight, we both have to back to work Monday am.

We want to fly into our hometown airport and not have to drive three hours back home. In Ohio, the weather can be a mess in January.

Thanks for your help.
Martha/John
Old 10-17-2004, 03:10 PM

My husband and I will be going on our first cruise in January on the Holland America. Out ship returns to Ft. Lauderdale on Sat. the 22nd at 8am. The last flight I can get for our return home is at 11:40am.

What are your views about us making that flight? Is it a slow process to get off the ship? If we miss that flight, we will have to wait until Monday for another flight, we both have to back to work Monday am.

We want to fly into our hometown airport and not have to drive three hours back home. In Ohio, the weather can be a mess in January.

Thanks for your help.
Martha/John
Old 10-17-2004, 04:11 PM

I have not cruised with Holland America, but, you may be cutting it quite close to make that flight. I usually consider 12pm the EARLIEST flight, and even then based on the lines for customs at the pier and the airport lines it can be close. ??
See what others say, we did just have a similar topic not too long ago too.
Hope you have a GREAT 1st CRUISE

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 10-23-2004, 10:35 PM

Is disembarkation time affected at all by having a Deluxe Suite? I notice in my documents just received that it says to place your baggage outside your room the night before, (except for Deluxe Verandah Suite guests). How are those guests handled differently?

Also, I received my contract documents over the weekend and although the last confirmation documents shows is with a Duluxe Verandah suite by S before the room number, on the contract booklet, it just give the room# without the S. I assume that something else on the ticket indicates that, but I've been told several times to check your documents to be sure your reservation is what you made.

Naturally I'll call the person I've been working with at HAL on Monday, but just wondered if anyone knew.
JUDY
Old 10-27-2004, 12:59 PM

I just wanted to say that for Carnival ships they tell you in their brochure not to book a flight back home before 12 noon. Wish I could help you more, but think you are cutting it close. MMOE

Closed Thread

Tags
america, caribbean, carnvial, cruise, disembarkment, hal, holland, judy, marshall, miami, procedures, royal, ship, stay, usual