Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 AM

If its not a cruise then staying home and watching the paint dry or the grass grow is the same as any other type of vacation.

Seriously,

A visit to San Francisco as it is one of my favorite cities. For my son, its a trip to San Diego and the San Diego Zoo. For my wife, anywhere there is water, fish and a fishing pole.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:38 AM
Banned

Spritfilled, they are the most succulent, juicy, tasty clam that you will ever devour! Usually, you soak them in some salt water to extract the dirt. Next, steam them until they open. They have a little extension. (tail, for lack of a better word). You pull on this and then dip the steamer in butter or in the reserved steam liquid. Usually you will find this type of clam in clambakes and lobster bakes.
Steamers are also used when you order whole belly fried clams/clam roll. These are not the same clams used for clam strips. Those are razor clams with no flavor.

LisaP--Bob's Clam Hut, in Kittery, near the outlets. The best whole belly fried clams I've ever eaten. It's just a little shack. Park in the Kittery Trading Post. It's the only way you'll be able to eat there. The parking lot is small and always full at Bobs. Also, Lobster in the Rough on 1A. Another clam shack.
A'ndrea
Old 05-03-2007, 06:42 AM

My all time favorite dream trip would be a safari to Africa. We have made a friend who was attending Bible College who is from Kenya. Our church raised the money for him to finish school, go back to Kenya and purchase land and start building a bible college there. We have made it our goal to go to Africa in 3-5 years. Our friend, Daniel, will take us on a safari. Cant wait, my dream trip may yet come true.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

Last year was the first year that I didn't take a cruise since 1985. I took my two little kids down to the Outer Banks, North Carolina...Let me tell you...that was one of the best vacations we have had. We rented a house, and the area was just incredible. We only ate out once the entire vacation at a restaurant calle "DIRTY DICKS"!! Best seafood I've had in years. The best part of the vacation was the fact that on a hot sunny summer day...the beach had hardly anyone on it. Never crowded, very clean, no traffic...just 10 great days on the beach...We had such a good time we are going again this year. And get this..the name of the house we are renting is called...."The Love Shack"! LOL. However next year Daddy is taking a vacation sans kids...Thinking about sailing from the US to the Med...Can anyone give me some pointers on which lines might be the best to do a transatlantic sailing?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 PM

You know I'm going to tell you Princess, but seriously check them out. I know you wouldn't be disappointed.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned

Penny, with all of the positive influence you give for Princess Lines, you deserve a free cruise. I hope they're reading here!
A'ndrea
Old 05-07-2007, 02:26 PM

I live in Italy, and we don't cruise in the summer: compared to spring or fall we think it's too crowdy, too expensive, too hot.

My family owns a vacation house on the Alps, that I have to share with my three brothers.

In the summer we can take long walks in the woods, play tennis, swim in the pool or simply catch the sun reading something; in winter we mainly ski.

In the summer we often enjoy going about a week to sea places like Rimini at the Adriatic Sea or Sanremo, Rapallo on the Riviera Ligure.

Since our sons are a little grown, we send them to summer camps - and, with our new less thirsty car, we like to spend a few days riding Italy or Europe, driving for hours off the highways and resting in B&B booked on the web.

... but my dream is definitely a coast-to-coast ride across U.S.A., driving a Mustang or a red & white Corvette with a Brad Paisley cd playing on the stereo.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

fredo, Europeans definitely know how to live right. Good for you.
A'ndrea
Old 05-07-2007, 08:53 PM

I think if land based I would like to go out west, or NYC and New England. The farthest west I have been is Knoxville or Oakridge TN, and north Bethesda, MD.

I love cruising, but am past due to see the real USA!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:52 AM

On the island of Hvar in Croatia, in the sea house, with my fishermen relatives catching the friuts of the sea, the water is the cleanest in the med, eating simple organic food, that because of there attitude has not been corrupted by chemicals, or in Kalamata in Greece with our great friend the Master mariner Capt Niko discussing global Polatics and Women both subjets that are dear to our hearts under the stars , I also think that it is a state of mind that enhances any vacation Kalo Taxidi

Closed Thread

Tags
canal, cape, carnival, cruise, director, erie, freedom, italy, kalamata, line, rappallo, reviews, vincent