Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2006, 07:44 AM

We are on the Enchantment April 29th and booked our flights through Delta. We did not book through the cruise line to save money. I travel a decent amount for work and always fly Delta and have had no problems. But...they called last week and changed my flight time. Lucky for me they moved it up, but my friends who are on the same flight did not even get a phone call about the change. Just a word to the wise that you should be checking Delta's flights especially with the bankruptcy issues they are having. I'd hate for someone to miss their ship!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:58 AM

I too have been watching Song and Delta for my Alaska cruise. They had some schedule changes on flights I have been watching. They still have attractive times and prices as compared to the other carriers however, as you pointed out Delta needs watching!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:27 AM

All airlines are subject to schedule changes. Spirit Airlines is very notorious for having them. That is why you should always reconfirm your flights within 24hrs of travel. The way it's going even 12hrs within travel might be necessary. That's why it's always best if you can fly in a day before the cruise. It's much more relaxing.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 AM

What I mean by Delta needs watching is Hopefully they will survive. And you are right about going the day before. I do in most cases except on the August Alaska trip I may spend two nights in SF then fly up the morning of the cruise! Will decide in March!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, delta, reviews