Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

Word has it that we have ourselves a new, honcho "Cruise Guru" in town?
Congrats Ken ! I always enjoy our posting banter.
I've heard being a grandparent is the greatest, next to having your own, of course. Hopefully, I've got a little time for that. Mine are 13 and 17.

Fredo, where in Europe are you located?

A'ndrea
Old 05-05-2007, 03:36 AM

A'ndrea, I was born in Northern Italy in the late fifties and since then I'm living here.

Precisely I'm from Bologna, home of the world first university, a "twin towered" - thank God Osama dosn't know... - mid size medieval town.
We're in the "Italian Motor Valley" (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, De Tomaso and Ducati).

I live in these neighbours since my birth; here I studied and work. My parents and their families were too from this land since one can remember, and so is my wife and so were her families.
Surely this is MY LAND. Here, one can tell people living in another town (even just ten miles away) from their dialect.

I'm not bad here, and because of my work I sometimes need to go up and down Italy. This allowed me to see many towns and places and to realize that there are some real differences between Northern and Southern Italy (but talking about that would be too long and unuseful).

As you can imagine, sometimes it can sound boring having stayed, stay and have to stay all life long in the same "square mile".
My wife and me try to open our minds and perspectives, so we send our sons each summer to camps somewhere in Italy and abroad.

Please excuse my English, I hadn't it any longer in my school program from the age of 15 (therein I had otherwise greek and latin).
Since then I've just listened to music from USA and UK ... I remember I learned by heart the whole Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack.
With SAT TV I started caring of German, French and Spanish too (the last two are fortunately somehow much closer to my dialect, because of french and spanish "presence" while Bologna was part of the Pope Kingdom until 1860).

Hope I'll be useful to you all (or should I say "yawl"? ) about Italy and Italian stuff.

Ciao a tutti: here's 0.40 PM on Saturday May 05, 2007.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:06 AM

Thank you Daddyx2 We have a saying in England that I think somes up my feelings it is People in Glass Houses should not throw Stones, that is why I objected to the use of third world, I would add that I was amused by the vitriolic responce, also by the speed in which the thread was closed.on the food issue the first time I cruised I could not understand why the waiter kept trying to make me eat everything on the Menu it was because as an eastern european the food I was refusing would feed his family for a week his words not mine,Maybe, it is a trait of mine to take the bull by the horns, no matter which orofice it is extruded from, so again thank you, I applaud your courage, and to the people who sent me private messages of agreement thank you also Kalo Taxidi ps what is a drive by comment?
quote:
Originally posted by daddyx2:
In reference to the Third World Topic posted by Steve...I have a a couple of comments. First of all please don't cut down the USA...we do have a good life here..maybe not as good as we used to but its still good. However we do have freedom of speech...and on this site we have freedome of speech and for you to be ATTACKED like this is absurd and wrong. You are allowed to voice your opinions. There is something that I would like to say to tourists visiting other countries...Respect the countries you are visiting...just because you are an american does not mean you are better than anyone else on the planet. My one major pet peeve especially with cruise passengers is the bad remarks which are made about food onboard a ship. Do you realize how lucky you are to ever be able to take a cruise? Its food!! Half the world is starving to death and you are complaining....what is wrong with you ...have you no shame? Next time you are on a cruise...instead of taking that excursion....go to the real side of that port and see what the area is really like. Some you need to see the poverty and what a major part of the world lives in. Maybe even eat what they eat...trust me...you will never complain about food again. BTW...take ur kids with you...chances are they are as spoiled and globally illiterate as you are. Don't get me wrong I love to cruise and eat...but it just makes me angry to hear people BITCH! about the food. Lets face it..the USA is full of spoiled rotten brats!!!

<edited by Dave to remove the ALL CAPS from the title>
Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm not going to present my view on where in the world it's nice to move and not, but rather share my experience on whining pax on cruise ships.

It's my opinion that the amount of whining is reversed proporsional with the amount of money they had paid for the cruise, for example people who paid USD 125 for a 4 day cruise and demanded a royal treatment.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-08-2007, 11:41 PM

Svein, you have a slight possible point there. But your numbers do not make sense. If I paid $125 for a 4 day cruise, there is not alot I would have the cashews to complain about.

You get ignorant people from all over the world. It is not limited to any country IMHO.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:39 AM
My point is that people who pay a lot more are normally more polite and civilized when it comes to complaints and unforseen incidents.
sorry it didn't come out so clearly. It was 5 am and I was half asleep

Maybe USD 125 was for a 7 day? I don't remember, but for me 125 bucks for 4 nights on a ship with food included is quite cheap.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
chevrolet, see, song, usa