Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 10:28 AM

Ok I work in the shipping industry and just realized something today as I was staring at a pic of the ship I will be crusing on. I am the foward most cabin on the ship. If you look at a pic of the Norweign Spirit I am in the room above the E port side. Ok my question is this.. how much motion will there be? Some folks swear by midships others lower decks others say no diffrence? Whats the real answer from you cruising gurus.

Saying I work in the shipping industry is to let you all know I work containerships for a living and see what the sea offers to those ships so I was wondering about the cruise ship? Does the stabilzers negate the effects or is the bow going to be a rough ride?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:28 AM

Ok I work in the shipping industry and just realized something today as I was staring at a pic of the ship I will be crusing on. I am the foward most cabin on the ship. If you look at a pic of the Norweign Spirit I am in the room above the E port side. Ok my question is this.. how much motion will there be? Some folks swear by midships others lower decks others say no diffrence? Whats the real answer from you cruising gurus.

Saying I work in the shipping industry is to let you all know I work containerships for a living and see what the sea offers to those ships so I was wondering about the cruise ship? Does the stabilzers negate the effects or is the bow going to be a rough ride?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Its a fact that the motion is less noticable midships, so if you run into rough weather there is a chance you will feel the piching in your cabin.

The stabilizers are mostly reducing the effect of the rolling.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-21-2007, 11:02 PM

I agree and know for a fact the front of the ship in rough seas is no where to be. I could not even stand in the shower on Celebration once going back to Jacksonville from Nassau.

Mid-ship and Mid-deck is the best. The front of the ship was going down and up at least 20-30 feet per dip.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:03 AM
The front of the ship will be bad if there are rough seas, otherwise it should be ok.

As for the stabilizers, those aren't used as much as people may think. They are not very fuel efficient.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 03-22-2007, 11:21 AM

Thats great Well now to pray for smooth sailing if not Ill be sleeping in the pool thats mid-ship

Thanks for the advise guys and gals. Much appreciated.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, carnival, cruise, forward, front, imagination, locations, map, midship, motion, rccl, ride, room, rough, ship