Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Just renewed my US passport and it came in as an Electronic Passport. The first thing I noticed was the cover was thick and stiff. I assume that is where the chip was installed. I think this is pretty neat. Other than that it looks very much like the last one but has pretty pictures of the US on each page as a watermark. It also has a page for you to enter emergency infomation in pencil so you can keep it updated and a wallet card where you can record your number and expiration date with gov't phone # to call if you lose it. Very nice
Old 12-23-2009, 10:55 AM

That's really neat, can't wait to get mine renewed. I think I'm good until 2015.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Ours expire in 2012, although Jacob will have to get a new one next summer when he turns 16.

I believe the passports have always had the pencil emergency info page. My current one has it and my previous one had it. The wallet card is a good idea.

I'd still make a color scan of the passport photo and information pages though.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Good luck making a color copy, unless you have access to a color copier. I went to Kinko's and was told that since 9/11 - they are not allowed to make color copies of passports. Even when I showed the clerk where in the passport it says to make a copy for your records, he still would not do it... I did make a b&w copy - but not sure if it would work if needed...
Old 12-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Administrator

I just use my Canon inkjet. It is also a scanner so I save the image as a pdf file in color.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
I just use my Canon inkjet. It is also a scanner so I save the image as a pdf file in color.
We have always made a B&W copy of the picture page in case it gets lost or stolen. Came in really handy for my Wife when hers was stolen in Paris. I had not thought of a scan or color copy, neat. I also have a Canon color copier scanner printer. I'll make my scan tonight. Great idea

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, color, colour, copy, cruise, electronic, forumemergency, line, lines, make, passport, passports, reply, scan, scanning, uspost