Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 PM

I'm not much of a picture taker and I hate all the new complicted technology. If I didn't have kids I'd still have a VCR blinking 12:00. My wife who loves to shop wanted a new video camera for our next cruise. I wanted something simple and affordable since all that kind of junk I buy gets used once after the direction are first read and fresh in my mind. Once it goes onto the drawer or closet it'll never come back out because It's not worth studying the directions again.

With that said I found and ordered a thing called Flip Video. I have recieved it and it's got to be the coolest camera ever. It's dirt cheap and records video digitally. You turn it on and click it once and it records, click it again and it quits recording. Save the videos as clips you can stroll through and delete if you don't want them. No tape, no discs, no directions needed. Holds up to an hour at a time. Then you pop out the little thingy that plugs it right into your computer (some port I don't know the name of, can you tell I'm a real computer genius?) and it downloads the videos. This thing is about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

So if you're looking for a cool video camera for your next cruise that'll fit in your shirt pocket and is idiot proof, I recomend it!

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Sounds cutting edge, Neil but easy! Right up my alley.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 PM
I got something similar to that. It records on an SD card like you put in a camera. I think you get an hour or so on a 2 Gig card. It is also click on, click off... Oh, it's also waterproof down ti 5 feet.

It was pretty cheap too, something like $120.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 PM

Is the picture quality very good or like a camera-phone?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Ken, on the Flip, the quality is very good. It's not waterproof but no card is needed. I understand is new technology but know nothing about techno anything. I just like easy and affordable.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-28-2007, 05:51 AM
this looks pretty good , tried asking in a photo shop in the uk & they have not heard of it but suggested looking on line.Thanks for the heads up on this product....I'm going to investigte further as it looks useful for a non tech person regards Jack
Old 07-28-2007, 08:15 AM

I just bought a new NIKON L12 and it too is the same size as a pack of smokes, it also takes about 30 min of clear video with sound with a 2 gig SD card. and Holds an ungodly amount of still pic's. this is the easiest and coolest camera I have owned to date. It was $159.00 at Sams Club. I have spent more than $300.00 for cameras in the past but this one takes the Cake. it's got 7.2 megapixels and a 3 inch lcd monitor window. the only thing it lacks is a manual viewfinder.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:59 AM

2 cents? More like a buck fifty! That is good info. Does it cook burgers too?

I am headed to Sam's!

Closed Thread

Tags
flip, quits, recording, video