Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2006, 03:47 AM

This has PO'd me too.

Here is a little history, I don't know which cruise line you are booked or reffering to.

Here is an example. CCL in the 80's use to cut prices if the ships were not full, it was reffered to as a "Fire" sale to fill the ships.

Well in early 90's they decided to change the strategy and came up with "Super Saver" fares for early bookers. The earlier you booked was cheaper.

After 911, they reverted back to the "fill the ship" pricing.

And now if the ship is not full, Bargains and Upgrades are to be had for last minute shoppers and us that keep up with the price.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:14 AM

Well I think the thing to remember is that it really cost them nothing to upgrade you. If you are in a gtd cabin or a lower category it is going to be easier for them to ugrade you as it will be easier for them to sell the lower priced cabin. Also a shipboard credit is also attractive to them to make you happy. They can still recognize the revenue for the good ole investors and what does that really cost them. If you use it for photos it cost them nothing, alchohol costs them pennies compared what is charges. I have done this 6 times and have gotten 3 credits to my card, 2 times cabin upgrades and once a $50 onboard credit. In fact I may a total cheapskate but I ofen go back and reprice my cruise I have booked a couple of times per week to see if it has been lowered.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:21 PM

Thanks for all the info, guys. Just checked again, and no cabin assignment. As for the drop in cruise pricing, my TA was offering a lower price a few weeks after we booked. I questioned if we could receive the discounted rate, and was told that it was a Princess promo and applied to new bookings only. Couldn't cancel and re-book. It's always a guessing game, right?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:03 PM

I am still not showing a cabin assignment. Do you think I should contact Princess and inquire why?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM

If you booked a Guarantee or TBA (to be assigned) they will not release untill at least 2 weeks to cruise date. At least that is how Carnival does it. They are still shuffling people. It should be assigned about 10-7 days before cruise date at the latest.

Closed Thread

Tags
passenger, princess, upgrades