Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM

We were supposed to leave next Wednesday for our Alaskan cruise and land tour. Clothes are picked out, travelers checks bought, etc.

Yesterday I fell at a local department store while looking for luggage and broke my wrist! Turns out to be kind of a nasty break and I will be having surgery on Thursday so they can insert a metal plate and screws. The doctor discouraged us from contining with cruise plans.

What a bummer! We did buy travel insurance and I am just trying to get up the energy to deal with that!

I am thankful that the injuries weren't worse because I took quite a fall. We will go on an Alaskan cruise sometime, but next week our friends are going without us!

Nadine
Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM

We were supposed to leave next Wednesday for our Alaskan cruise and land tour. Clothes are picked out, travelers checks bought, etc.

Yesterday I fell at a local department store while looking for luggage and broke my wrist! Turns out to be kind of a nasty break and I will be having surgery on Thursday so they can insert a metal plate and screws. The doctor discouraged us from contining with cruise plans.

What a bummer! We did buy travel insurance and I am just trying to get up the energy to deal with that!

I am thankful that the injuries weren't worse because I took quite a fall. We will go on an Alaskan cruise sometime, but next week our friends are going without us!

Nadine
Old 05-08-2007, 03:08 PM

I am really sorry to hear that, Nadine. I hope you have a succesfull surgery and that you heal quickly. So sorry about the cruise but another good reason for buying insurance and you were smart in doing so.

Best wishes for a full recovery and a happy cruise to Alaska when you can!

Ken
Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Administrator

I am so sorry to hear of this! Nadine, we'll be thinking of you.

Another example for the "always get the insurance file"...and Nadine did!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Banned

Nadine, I don't know what's worse, the break or missing a cruise. I'm so sorry. Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Keep your chin up!
A'ndrea
Old 05-08-2007, 04:20 PM

I hope you the best too, Nadine.

And ... never stop thinking positive: what if you had fallen during the cruise ?

Should your insurance work or should your cruise be spoiled because of a broken wrist ?
Should you have urgent surgery on the ship, or in a port of call ?

Next cruise will be even better !
Old 05-08-2007, 04:42 PM

Thank you all! I came home from the doctor, called our friends to tell them we weren't going, and was just basically feeling crummy so I dumped on my cruise-chat friends!

I feel so selfish right now. Knowing what Penny3333 is going through and others on this forum, my problems are insignificant. Guess I just needed a shoulder from friends who could understand the trauma of cancelling a cruise!

Thanks for listening to me whine!!

Nadine
Old 05-08-2007, 05:42 PM

Nadine, how aweful! I'm so sorry. I must say that you have a much better attitude about it than I would have.

We've been on six cruises and never bought the insurance. Our position has always been that we're going no matter what -- but your situation makes me wonder about that decision. Our luck's going to run out eventually.

Hope you get to reschedule real soon. Good luck with the surgery.

Lanie
Old 05-08-2007, 07:44 PM

Yikes, that is terrible. It down right sucks Being an RN all I can say is, be thankful it was only a wrist. Rebook ASAP, so you'll have it too look forward too. That's what I'd do. Good luck. A good story to justify getting trip insurance, I'll second that. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned

quote:
Thank you all! I came home from the doctor, called our friends to tell them we weren't going, and was just basically feeling crummy so I dumped on my cruise-chat friends!

Nadine, so sorry to hear of your misfortune Don't feel you are dumping though, just feel fortunate there is a group to talk to. Hope you heal soon!!

Closed Thread