Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2002, 09:15 AM

Hello to all readers:
This is a great way for the novice and sometimes not so novice cruise traveler to get information. But, when I read through the questions, I wonder why some of these questions come to light here. Let me explain.....
I'm not knocking anyone about their questions. There are no dumb questions. But, I wonder how many of these questions could simply be answered by asking your travel agent? Hopefully most of us use a "cruise only" travel agency when we book. And, hopefully, most of us don't book online with an agency or from the cruise lines for that matter. When I see a question like "when can I board the ship"? I know this person hasn't asked their travel agent, and probably doesn't have one. They (probably) think they're saving money by not using one when in reality, the price is the same. I've found that a good cruise only agent is worth the effort to find. They are more knowledgeable about recent trends, ships, amenities and deck plans. You won't have to ask this forum about which stateroom to purchase on which ship because a good cruise only agent can (and will) tell you that at no extra charge.
A good "cruise only" agent is like a good doctor, lawyer or any other professional service. Frankly, even if it was a little higher priced (which it isn't), they are worth it. I know when I buy from my agent that I'll get everything I wanted from my cruise. (and usually more)
Old 11-16-2002, 09:15 AM

Hello to all readers:
This is a great way for the novice and sometimes not so novice cruise traveler to get information. But, when I read through the questions, I wonder why some of these questions come to light here. Let me explain.....
I'm not knocking anyone about their questions. There are no dumb questions. But, I wonder how many of these questions could simply be answered by asking your travel agent? Hopefully most of us use a "cruise only" travel agency when we book. And, hopefully, most of us don't book online with an agency or from the cruise lines for that matter. When I see a question like "when can I board the ship"? I know this person hasn't asked their travel agent, and probably doesn't have one. They (probably) think they're saving money by not using one when in reality, the price is the same. I've found that a good cruise only agent is worth the effort to find. They are more knowledgeable about recent trends, ships, amenities and deck plans. You won't have to ask this forum about which stateroom to purchase on which ship because a good cruise only agent can (and will) tell you that at no extra charge.
A good "cruise only" agent is like a good doctor, lawyer or any other professional service. Frankly, even if it was a little higher priced (which it isn't), they are worth it. I know when I buy from my agent that I'll get everything I wanted from my cruise. (and usually more)
Old 11-16-2002, 03:23 PM

I would agree that a good cruise agent could answer many of these questions, houwever there are not always cruise only travel agents in an area where some people live. Also some people do not trust an online agent or would prefer to deal with an agent face to face. If this is the case and you want to deal with an agent face to face and you do not have real knowledgeable agents in your area these boards are perfect to get your questions answered.

I know I stopped using local agents a long time ago because I was not getting my questions answered. I started seeking out cruise boards to try to find answers.

My opinion is even the simplest questions deserve answers on the boards. JMHO
Old 11-16-2002, 05:11 PM

I agree with PEB. Many cruise travel agents have had very limited experience with some cruise lines, and/or ships. If someone can answer even what might appear to be a simple question for you, is a major question to someone else. That's why we have the give and take on this board. Hotels, transportation, laundry facilities, and handicapped facilities to name a few. Even the best travel agent is probably not aware of all of the questions asked. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Closed Thread