Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 12:06 PM

Hi there,
I've done a bit of homework for a 7-night western Caribbean cruise (my 4th cruise) departing FL for a specific week next May for two adult couples.

Next step is find a good cruise travel agent with low prices and book the cruise -- two cabins.

I don't feel like sifting through dozens of online agents, so can you folks recommend an agent or two you've had continuing good performance and low prices with?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:06 PM

Hi there,
I've done a bit of homework for a 7-night western Caribbean cruise (my 4th cruise) departing FL for a specific week next May for two adult couples.

Next step is find a good cruise travel agent with low prices and book the cruise -- two cabins.

I don't feel like sifting through dozens of online agents, so can you folks recommend an agent or two you've had continuing good performance and low prices with?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:07 PM

Of course, it would depend on the cruise line, but I would strongly suggest that you find a cruise professional near you to handle the reservation. Without sounding like a broken record, I will point to this article that you might find enlightening:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/BeforeYouBook.htm

Most cruise lines are doing everything they can to guarantee consumers a level price playing field so that they can book where they feel most comfortable. The days of getting bargains from on-line discounters are long over.

The whole price issue is basically smoke and mirrors, because it depends on when you book your cruise. May of 2006 should yield you some pretty good prices because it is shoulder/off season in terms of demand. Find a cruise professional that will continue to monitor the pricing and then go to bat for you when prices drop or adjust.

Just my opinion.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
agent, agents, american, booked, broker, cruise, cruising, express, franchise, good, line, online, recommendations, reviews, scam, step, suggestions