Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I book directly with Carnival and they have called to let me know of a price drop.
Larry, I'm shocked. Shocked!
Honestly, the only times I've gotten calls from a cruise line involved chartering of a ship or the ship not sailing for some reason. With the thousands upon thousands of passengers sailing on Carnival ships in any one week, they must have some dedicated staffers to be making those calls.

Sandy
Old 06-11-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I've never had a call from the cruiselines res agents for a price drop in thousands of bookings.
Pro, I think we should find out with whom Larry books, and all book with that agent!

Sandy
Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
My hat's off, I don't know how you keep up with them.
Neil, 90% of my business is groups, so I can check the cruise line's computer for current pricing, and that one action can affect 100 of my passengers. That makes it a little easier than checking 100 bookings!

Sandy
Old 06-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Sandy, still above and beyond in providing great service. We have a group Dept here but no way I'd ever move to it. Too much multi-tasking and organizational skill required. I'm really good at one thing at a time but give me 5 things to do at once and It's time for another pot of coffee and some praying I don't mess 'em up.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:58 PM

Neil, I appreciated your informative post about the rates. I only can speak about CCL, but I have never seen them directly advertise a rate that an agent could not get. But I am still learning. Thanks again for the educational post.

Best regards,
IslandCruz
Old 06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
Larry, you had a very unusual cruiseline agent. I can't even get calls from them for important information to the cruise like itinerary changes sometimes. I've never had a call from the cruiselines res agents for a price drop in thousands of bookings.
Not sure how the other Carnival PVPs do things but I have been happy with the one assigned to me.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Larry,

Hang on to the one you have, he/she is very rare and you're very fortunate to have them. The turnover is so great with the cruiselines agents partly because of the seasonal nature on the industry it's hard to find one with any knowledge and experience. There are times I'll get a new one and wonder how they managed to opperate the phone, the one button they can always find is the hold button.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I habe had this one for a couple of years now.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread