Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2002, 05:27 PM

An odd question here....

We are going to be first timers here in January and we would like to know a typical bill for drinking and all the extras once on board a ship? I am just curious to see what a typical bill is? Are we talking about $500? $1000? or more??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I just want to know what to expect in paying for stuff with the shipboard account. Just signing your name and swipping a card... doesn't help you keep track.

Thanks for your helP!

Mike

Cruising NCL Sun 01.04.03 Penthouse 9202
Old 12-23-2002, 05:27 PM

An odd question here....

We are going to be first timers here in January and we would like to know a typical bill for drinking and all the extras once on board a ship? I am just curious to see what a typical bill is? Are we talking about $500? $1000? or more??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I just want to know what to expect in paying for stuff with the shipboard account. Just signing your name and swipping a card... doesn't help you keep track.

Thanks for your helP!

Mike

Cruising NCL Sun 01.04.03 Penthouse 9202
Old 12-27-2002, 06:48 AM

This will also be my first time cruising. But, from what I have been told and from what I have read, Its all what you make it. If your not big drinkers(alcohol) it shouldn't be a problem. Or if you do not buy alot of stuff on board. I think the ships offer you a drink card. For soda and booze. It limits you to so many drinks(6-8) and it costs around $45. Same goes for the soft drinks. This way, you can kinda keep tabs on your consumption of pop or alocohol.

Hope this helps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Banned

On the cruises that I have been on the ship will make a copy of a credit card or will want you to put money into an account.

Your statement is available every day at the pursers desk. The only draw back is you have to wait in line to get it. Some ships now have it available on the tube in your room. They will put a final statement in your room during the last night.

Save all of the slips that you sign so you can compare them to your statement.

Some ships also add in their automatic TIP that amounts to around $10.00 per day per passenger. So the minimun amount of TIP for you and your traveling partner will be $140.00 for a seven day cruise. If it is not automatic be sure to reserve about the same amount to give to the waiter, busboy and steward at the end of the cruise. If you are taking $1000.00 you will now have $860.00 to spend on gambling, drinks, excursions, shipboard shopping, etc.

Have fun and take a credit card just in case.

Closed Thread

Tags
baltic, board, costs, cruise, cruises, forum, onboard, typical