Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2005, 09:54 AM

Hello:

I am a newbie here, hopefully this post is in the right place.

My wife and I went on the Navigator of the Seas out of Miami Mar. 12-19. It was our first cruise and we thought it was unbelievable - and it's easy to see why people keep going back.

Anyway, at our stop in St. Thomas, we made a purchase that entitled us to a free cruise certificate. The certificate is from minivacations, and it is for a 7-night cruise. Does anyone know the catch with this? I can't seem to find much on the internet about this company or this certificate, other than some of the affiliate companies have run some minor scams.

I've read the fine print and it looks legit - nothing about port fees or timeshare... but I would rather hear from someone who has experience with this, or better yet anyone else on that cruise who also received the certificate.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:07 PM

I know absolutely nothing about the company, but free cruise certificates have such a bad rap tha I almost guarantee you that there is a catch. I would be very cautious.

Good luck with it.

Tom
Old 04-14-2005, 10:03 AM

If some of the affiliate companies have run "some minor scams" then that tells you everything, doesn't it! You won't find anything under this company's name, because the scamsters change their names regularly to avoid it.

This is either a minor scam, or they've grown up and it's a major scam.

If they had a good reputation they would be a household name by now.........

You'd be as well folding the certificate into a paper boat (anyone remember them or am I showing my age) and floating it on a nearby lake.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:13 PM

Meldrew, I would like to meet you some day.

Tom
Old 04-15-2005, 12:40 PM

I hope you used a credit card, on the islands there are so many scam artists, I purchased a diamond tennis braclet in Cozumel, told the salesman I wanted to wear it out after I paid for it, he said he was going to clean it up, I still said no, I want to wear it, he took it in the back, switched it for crap and I never thought to check it first before I left the store, it is cheap quartz, be very careful. It was Diamonds International
Old 04-15-2005, 01:39 PM

That's HORRIBLE! I had that happen to me once in a jewrly store in the US. I think the new CZ thing has made it easy for them to switch the real thing without people realizing it! I almost bought something in that store I am glad I didn't. I hope someone lets the cruise lines know that is happening because Diamonds International was a reccommended store on our Carnival cruise.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 04-15-2005, 06:30 PM

WOW! Were you able to get any satisfaction from the cruise line? Diamonds Internationa? What did you do to resolve the obvious scam?

Tom
Old 04-15-2005, 07:50 PM

Dolphin,
I am shocked to hear what happened to you in Diamond International, as they have an excellent reputation. I (and many friends)have made several major purchases at different DI stores, including the one in Cozumel. WOW
Did you try to seek any action with them??
So sorry to hear that........
Old 04-17-2005, 11:11 AM

I called the main store in New York City,I gave him the store name and salesperson's name, they could only do something if I had it appraised LOL
I went to another Diamonds international and all they could is use my bracelet to purchcase another tennis bracelet, CZ's were more believable than what they put in it, I took it to a local jeweler, he said very bad quality quartz, I told Royal Caribbean about it, no satisfaction, all of the stores are not like that, I bought a diamond dinner ring and it is beautiful, just be careful, by the way, there is a party boat in Cozumel, the owner of that party boat is the brother of the "salesman" who ripped me off. Just be very aware,
Old 04-17-2005, 07:15 PM

I am so sorry that happened to you. Don't the cruise line's have a "satisfaction guarantee" or something like that, when you purchase something at one of their "approved" stores?

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
7night, aim, carnival, certificate, certificates, cruise, diamond, free, good, international, night, review, reviews, scam, scams