Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 AM

Would like to book a cruise leaving Florida within the next few days. What is the best source to use to get a great last minute deal?
Very flexible. Thanks, Joe
3-9-08
Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 AM

I don't think it's possible to cruise within the next couple of days because of the regulations. You might want to contact a TA & check today.
Sonny- any comments?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:40 AM

Hello Joe, welcome to cruise chat! The cut-off time before a cruise is 48 hours. Anytime before that you can book a cruise if there are cabins available. I'd check the web site of the cruise line you want to sail with. Good luck!

Sonny
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 AM

Wouldn't it be great if they allowed people to pre-register for an instant boarding. Say something like a 3 month registration period which would allow boarding from a particular port on any day. Maybe it's something I don't understand but it would be a boon to the cruise lines & cruisers alike.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:35 PM
It would probably be just an extra layer of paperwork they don't really need. I have a feeling ships sail at 100% capacity--maybe a couple of last minute no-shows; but not enough to justify all the additional administrative work.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I don't know if all the cruise lines do this, but on Princess I have ticked the box to get last minute cruise offers, so I get e-mail for cruises that still have space available.

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Jill, I've done that too on a couple of lines. Not that I can go... but you never know. I do wonder what their definition of "last minute" is... from what I could tell with the emails, it's usually within a few weeks after final payment date. Are you finding the same? (I haven't signed up with Princess as they don't sail from a nearby port.)

RichC, years ago, it was possible to book standby. Actually, I don't know if that's still the case -- but it was for a specific cruise, and they'd let you know a couple of weeks ahead of time.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Jill SC, just curious; have you ever receoved a really last minute notification? I've been registered for that for about a year for the minimum amount of notice (I think it's one week) for any West Coast port, and have yet to receive a single notice. I get mail offers for cruises 2-3 months out, but nothing really last minute.

Rick
Old 03-09-2008, 03:44 AM

Rick- I also had signed up for "last minute cruises" from Princess & although I get email's every now & then they're always a way's out (months) & usually for ports like Australia, Mediterranean, etc. never for something like the Caribbean here in Florida.

Lisa- I can remember years back about the "standby" option by I could never sign up for it when I was working. I can recall meeting a Princess bus driver from Alaska waiting on the dock in Port Everglades with his family for a spot on the old Regal Princess. They had driven there from Alaska & were waiting for a week for an open spot on any Princess ship.

Jill- What did you mean by "ticked". I think I did that yesterday. I went to the Princess web site & logged in, preceded to look for any Caribbean cruise & it came back & gave me an option for only 2 empty rooms. Not exactly what I had hoped for. (and at prices I would never accept) Strange.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:25 PM
It was somewhere in the preferences where they asked you about where you want to go, when, etc.
I think that most of the last minute offers are for sailings about a month away, though it seems to me they used to be closer. I also haven't specified a port since I have to travel there anyway.

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
book, chat, cruise, cruises, cut, forida, forum, forums, last, minute, princess, review, standby, tickets, time