Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-1969, 04:00 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention I told him the carnival glory cruise was my present to myself for my 40th b-day, and because we leave on his bithday it his birthday present too. As for the Oasis I decided that we all got to choose a dream holiday to go on Mine was the oasis 2010, husbands is the Mexico trip 2012, My son said somewhere in Asia when he graduates in 2015, and my daughter said Hawaii when she graduates 2017. I know we can not predict the future and anything can happen but I think it's important to have dreams. Helps get me through the work days. Did I mention I run a day home, have to keep my sanity somehow. heehee
Old 02-06-2009, 12:10 PM

I was just curious what the average person does when it comes to cruising. I tend to book a cruise and then work hard to pay for it. Sometimes I wonder if I cause myself more stress doing it this way. With the cost of living going up all the time I don't know if I could ever save enough to save and then book. It works better if it's almost like a bill to me. At least I know I will eventually get there.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Administrator

I'd say most book and then pay. That is what I do. Some will send their agent some money periodically, even before the final payment date. I never thought of it until recently, but it does make sense. Got an extra $100 this month? Send it to your agent before you blow it on something!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Boy, I wish I had an extra $100.00 ANY month!

Seriously, I make the deposit and the final payment--that's all. I see no need to give them my money any sooner than I have to.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I book, then pay. I look at what the balance is, when it is due, divide by the number of paychecks to see what I need to put aside for payment at the final payment due date. Since I always have to pay for airfare to someplace - no ports in a landlocked state - the in-between time and spare change is for plane tickets....
Old 02-06-2009, 01:00 PM

We book then give out TA payments. we are retired, but I still do a few jobs here and there. As I do those jobs, or my wife does some subbing we pay it off. We also pay off our excursions, and try to have a little onboard credit.
These days the jobs are fewer but our next Cruise ia paid for.
If Carnival or one of the lines would run a special and lower the booking cost to $100.00pp we would probably book another cruise.

Hey rick are you getting much rain down there? We have got about an inch. The mountain are getting a pretty good snow above 5,000.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:33 PM

I book then pay. Like the rest, it gives me time to try to save. Sometimes I can manage to pay it completely, sometimes I have to charge some of the remainder. I try to pay myself each paycheck, but lately that's gone out the window. They keep reporting that inflation is flat, but it sure costs me more for groceries, electricity, gas, etc. Thank heavens for sales.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Gary, it's the same down here; about an inch over the last two days, with some more expected tonight. It's been mercifully gentle, so no big flash-flood danger(I'm not in a flood area--I'm thinking of the burned out areas).
Old 02-06-2009, 01:41 PM
We have a vacation account. We put our tax refunds, any bonuses and any unexpected winfalls. Birthday, holiday, lottery winnings etc. Then we have a budget before we look. It doesn't always cover everything but it sure puts a dent in things.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 02-07-2009, 03:08 AM

I book and then pay like everyone else it seems. I agree with Gary about Carnival lowering the booking cost (I assume) deposit amount. I wouldn't mind if they modeled it like the new Early Saver program. The initial deposit is the tough one for me, unless I charge it. Then we know how that can add up. I use to save my change and $1's when I waited tables and bartended. Nowadays it's hard for some of us to have extra money to feed our cruise addiction.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
book, cruise, long, pay