Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2003, 06:35 PM

This site is great to get lots of information. My wife & I (40 somethings) are going on our first cruise ever on the European Vision-Festival Cruise Lines sailing from Venice in May 2004.Has anyone sailed on her before? What are the balcony suites like, and the shore excursions? Any help would be appreciated. This is something we've been waiting to do all ours lives, and now that the kids are on their own we can show them that Mom & Dad are not just going to sit at home & wait for them to call.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:35 PM

This site is great to get lots of information. My wife & I (40 somethings) are going on our first cruise ever on the European Vision-Festival Cruise Lines sailing from Venice in May 2004.Has anyone sailed on her before? What are the balcony suites like, and the shore excursions? Any help would be appreciated. This is something we've been waiting to do all ours lives, and now that the kids are on their own we can show them that Mom & Dad are not just going to sit at home & wait for them to call.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:11 AM

Hi,

I have stayed in a balcony suite aboard the "Mistral", which are virtually identical to those onboard "European Vision". I have found them to be great - and looking larger than they are. There's a decent walk-in closet, and (at least on the "Mistral") the balcony had teak furniture. The only thing which was average only was the bathroom, which was small.

As a suite passenger you will be assigned to the smaller, more upscale restaurant on board. "Regular passengers" have to pay 15 Euros pppd extra to dine there. However, on the "Mistral", I was somewhat disappointed with the food. It certainly was not worth the extra charge for non-suite passengers.

Are you having a "regular" suite or a Hilton Suite? They are identical as far as the dimensions go, but Hilton Suites have lots of extra amenities etc.

Have a great time!

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-22-2003, 06:46 AM

AS far as I knew the suites were all the same size, I didn't know there were different suites on this ship. As for the food, what were the issues, was it "Bland", Plain, or just not that exceptional? Did you go on any of the organized shore excursions?
Old 11-22-2003, 10:44 AM

Hi!

The Hilton Suites are regular suites with added amenities. Here's the complete info:

http://www.firsteuropeancruises.com/...hp?mkt=en&CV=2

IIRC The price for the Hilton Suite is 7% above the price for the "regular" suite.

The food on the "Mistral" was not bad (with the exception of the soups!) but just "nothing special" (as one would expect from what actually is a premium restaurant). The buffets were mediocre, as well. However, they had a superb selection of cheese in the suite restaurant.

I did not take any shore excursions as it was only a three-night cruise.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread