Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 07:07 PM

When we first started taking cruises we always flew in on the departure day. Lucky us, we never had a problem, but as we have gotten older and wiser, we always fly in a day early. We found it so much easier on us, no rushing that first day of the cruise. We can board and start the party, not take a nap!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM

I'm going to be on the star in February with my wife and arriving on 11:00 AM of the day of departure on AA from ORD I could imagine the fun if your luggage were to come a day or two late! Like it did for me in Amsteram last Wednesday.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Well
I really cannot know how difficult is for you there to arrive to your cruise embarkation port since everytime I take a cruise I don't have to travel long distance to get there but here is a lesson to be learn...

I live on mayaguez almost two hours from San Juan port and a lot can happen on a road trip in order to just get to the ship
*Car accident
*Car problems
*Car does not start ect.

Mostly I arrive to port at 11 am and my booking papaers says to arrive at 2:30 pm this is not only the best time to avoid long lines is also a good option just in case...In my next cruise I am even considering to stay the day before in San Juan just to enjoy the old San Juan a little bit...
Old 01-16-2008, 12:36 AM

Never again for me! I won't go into the details, as I have posted this before. I was just trying to get from Myrtle Beach to Miami. We always go a day early now even when driving.

Dwayne
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Still, anyone who didn't plan on being in a hotel room in Buenos Aires by late afternoon on the 9th was being foolish. They could have been figuring out where to have a great steak dinner in Buenos Aires instead of sitting in MIA in various stages of outrage.
It would be a shame to travel all the way to Buenos Aires and not spend a little extra time there. What a great city!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
It would be a shame to travel all the way to Buenos Aires and not spend a little extra time there. What a great city!
For sure, I would have probably gone down two or three days early just to hang out!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:23 AM

People, people, people... We should all be aware of "you know what happens" when it comes to the travel industry. I choose to think that none of us are naive when it comes to weather conditions, terrorist threats, mechanical malfunctions, multiple departure delays, etc. etc. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. If you are travelling more than 1000 miles, always leave yourself a 24 hour cushion to absorb any travel abnormalities that you may experience. So you spend a little extra on a hotel and food... So What?!?! The overall peace of mind is worth far more than the headache of last minute pre-cruise travel.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I was curious and looked up the flight info. How dumb can people be? The flight from Miami to Buenos Aires is 4405 miles, takes 8.5 hours (if everything goes okay), and is so long that even the cheap seats get two meals served.
I'd be curious to know if they booked it all themselves over the internet, or used a TA.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'd be curious to know if they booked it all themselves over the internet, or used a TA.
We'll probably never know, but I'd bet they did it themselves.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
quote:
We'll probably never know, but I'd bet they did it themselves.

Of course they did... The internet is a wonderful, beneficial tool but nothing can supplant the dedication of a veteran travel agent. I can rattle of a gigabyte of discount travel sites but they will never compare to the personal attention of a seasoned travel pro.

Closed Thread

Tags
afternoon, arrive, cruise, day, early, miami, morning, plane