Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Is it me or does it seem like every thread goes way off topic here at Cruise-Chat?

I used to come here and stay a lot but now whenever I find a thread that is interesting, after a few posts on subject, veteran members just end up taking the thread off subject and it ends up being a collection of inside jokes that newbies are not privy to the humor.

I love the good-naturedness and levity of this forum board. I just wish the threads would stick to the subject. People have asked great questions but within a few posts the jokes start and the thread ends up about subjects that have nothing to do with the original question or comment. The OP ends up having to go to another forum board to get good discussion or information re: their original question. All of these inside jokes are fun bu only understood by a few posters.

For example, the thread about downy winkle release has evolved into . . . . what happened to the subject at hand.

This happens almost without fail.

Please stay on subject so everyone can join in.

Thank you.

You lose people when this happens.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Banned

Guilty. Will do better.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM

You will or you might have your post deleted.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

Me, too. But you know what? So many of the questions these days are so mundane that they can be answered, in full, in two or three responses. Or they are filled with grammatical and spelling errors; it's a joke. Or the question has been asked and answered 216 times. That said, like Psycho, "I'll do better."
Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

I concur.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:39 PM

IBCRUZIN',

I fully agree with you. We have been trying to get threads back on track recently by deleting nonsense or "fun" messages.

I also fully agree with you that new members will be at the very least fairly irritated by some of the comments made by some veteran members recently.

Our forums have always been "different" because of their unique, friendly atmosphere. I really don't want that atmosphere to fade.

I am optimistic that those involved in the recnt "thread hijackings" will try their best to help improve the situation.

If that doesn't work, the moderators and administrators will aid them.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

"...by deleting nonsense or "fun" messages."

By all means, let's delete the fun.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
IBCRUZIN", I want you to know I take your post very seriously and I admire you for stating your feelings so articulately and forthrightly. It makes me wonder how many others feel the same but have been silent.

I must reiterate what G.C. said; many of the questions don't need more than a few posts to exhaust the topic; and if I may interject one of my pet peeves, many topics have already been discussed at length, in some cases, many times, but posters are too lazy to do a little research on their own--they want the forum to do all the work for them. So after the tenth time through "can I bring wine onboard", I tend to look for new and yes, silly answers.

But I am ready to accept my share of the responsibility, and assure you and any others that feel as you do that I will try to behave. I doubt if cruise-chat is going to be as much fun as it has been, but if serious you want, serious you shall have.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:51 PM

Someone needs to see Mary Poppins. Particularly the banker who runs his home on schedule but alas he comes around.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

Nevermind. Just censored myself. But I did get a good giggle before I did so.

Closed Thread