Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:02 AM

I was set to purshase a cruise on Silverseas and now I have read several really bad reviews. all about the food! I felt that for $5,000.00 I should be HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. is there always going to be a few people on a ship that just can't be pleased or should I be looking elsewhere? I have never cruised before. Thank you!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

I can't see how anyone could complain about Silverseas food, but as we've noticed over the years here, people are more likely to post negatives than post positives.

I wouldn't worry about it. Always look at reviews with a grain of salt. If your first cruise is with Silverseas you are starting at the top of the heap.

Go ahead and book your cruise.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 AM

I'm glad you posted this because I've seen the same thing with other cruise lines as well. Seems like every line I looked at had rave reviews, then in the same breath, not so good ones making it very hard to decide who to go with. I think Dave is right that more negatives get posted than positives and some of the experiences are isolated cases. I wouldn't worry about the reviews too much. Think of it this way, if they didn't warrant a $5000 experience, no one would go on them and they'd be out of business.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 PM

Silversea is one of the most upscale cruise lines out there, and they would not still be in business if the food were bad.

If someone's coffee was not as hot as they wanted during one meal, for some people that would be enough to label all the food horrible for the whole cruise.

I know several people who have sailed on Silversea, on a couple of their ships, and have not heard any complaints about the food.

I wouldn't hesitate to book them, and aa has been stated here, take reviews with a grain of salt, especially reviews of food.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:16 AM

Seems the same negative reviews goes for nearly anything, just like cruises. Hotels, restaurants, etc....just look at reviews on those as well...mostly the negative people who write. Go and have fun!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
There are just some people out there that can't be pleased no matter what........To me, there is no such thing as a bad cruise, some are just better than others...Happy Sailing....

Bob E
Old 01-08-2010, 07:49 AM

I would agree with Bob - some of the negative posts are silly and you can tell that the person is just complaining about little stuff and blowing it up.

I would say that we have enjoyed all of our cruises, but some were more fun than others. Our least favorite cruise (we still had a great time) was because the food and food service was not as good as our other 2 cruises. I think you have to set out to have a good time and not let little things bother you. That is the type of thing that will ruin a trip.
2010 Carnival Conquest (June)

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, carnival, cruise, review, reviews, silverseas, terrible