Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 07:15 PM

Can anyone think of any movies to show my children over the next two weeks? We watched "Out to Sea" last night (Westerdam) and it was kind of lame. Now it looks like I'll be watching Titanic for the 50th time. I can't think of any others!

Oh- I have Poseidon Adventure but that probably isn't a good one to watch...

Thank you!

Carla
Old 07-28-2005, 09:25 PM

Don't know how old your children are but most cruise ship movies tend to be disaster themed films except for the Lemmon/Matthau comedy you mentioned and a very old Doris Day/ Jack Carson musical comedy, the name of which escapes me. There's also a diamond heist movie, relatively recent, set on a cruise ship and, of course, "The Unsinkable Mollie Brown", not really a cruise movie and not a great musical either. Pickings are slim.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:32 AM

Thanks. They are old enough for disaster movies but we have seen them all.

I didn't think there were many...
Old 07-29-2005, 04:53 AM

What about Speed II with Sandra Bullock. Wasnīt that also a cruise-ship desaster, at the end destroying a pier or something like that?

And there must be another one, but I have forgotten the namen, from two men, going on board, not knowing, that it is a special tour for homosexual people. But I think, itīs a funny one. But as I wrote, I forgot the name, but I have something in my mind with Cuba Godding jr.

Marita

Old 07-29-2005, 05:59 AM

Depending on your taste you could go for a British film called Juggernaut, starring Richard Harris.
More up to date is a good horror movie called Ghost Ship, great twist at the end.
I'm sure more will come to mind.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-29-2005, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oppis:
What about Speed II with Sandra Bullock. Wasnīt that also a cruise-ship desaster, at the end destroying a pier or something like that?

And there must be another one, but I have forgotten the namen, from two men, going on board, not knowing, that it is a special tour for homosexual people. But I think, itīs a funny one. But as I wrote, I forgot the name, but I have something in my mind with Cuba Godding jr.

Marita
Boat Trip is the name of the movie with Cuba Gooding jr.
and here another one "Captain Ron" with Kurt Russel and Martin Short from 1992.

Uwe (Marita's husband)

Old 07-29-2005, 08:46 AM

I believe the diamond heist movie that jofi38 is referring to is "After the Sunset" with Pierce Brosnan and Selma Hayek.

Of course there are always the vintage movies. "Ship of Fools" is a classic, and then there is my all-time favorite movie, "An Affair to Remember". Ah, the movie, a good bottle of wine, some kleenex and I have the makings for a great evening. (Although I am not sure the kids will find them entertaining, indulge yourself in preparation for the trip).

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-29-2005, 11:42 AM

"An Affair to Remember" tops my list of favorites, too. But I am not familiar with "Ship of Fools", can someone enlighten me?
Ruth
Old 07-29-2005, 12:46 PM

Ruth, try this link
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0059712/
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
comedies, comedy, cruise, cruising, cruzing, diamond, fools, heist, homosexuality, horror, movie, movies, ship, ships, westerdam