Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Transfers at Miami (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/32438-transfers-miami.html)

oreo 03-05-2006 10:16 AM

To purchase a ship to airport transfer from the cruise line is $12 each. How much would a taxi be to the airport from the port for two people? Are there lots of taxies waiting at the port when you dock?

oreo 03-05-2006 10:16 AM

To purchase a ship to airport transfer from the cruise line is $12 each. How much would a taxi be to the airport from the port for two people? Are there lots of taxies waiting at the port when you dock?

Kate Ashlock 03-06-2006 11:32 AM

There are definitely lots of cabs about and not having to wait until the transfer bus is full is a plus IMO.

You'll likely find the cost about the same (less is anything).

Cruise Fanatic 03-06-2006 02:35 PM

A taxi from the port in Miami to the Miami airport is a flat fee of $24. There are plenty of them when you get off the ship. Do not let the taxi driver charge you the toll that is paid when you leave the port. I have had many taxi drivers try this stunt. It is a flat fee of $24 and is stated right on the window in the rear seat.

oreo 03-07-2006 05:57 AM

Cruise Fanatic, I did not understand what you meant by "do not let the taxi driver charge you the toll that is paid when you leave the port" If it is posted on the window that the flat rate is $24 what more could they say they were charging you for?n Thanks for your reply

Cruise Fanatic 03-07-2006 09:59 AM

It is a flat fee of $24 to go from the airport to the pier or from the pier to the airport. (If the taxi was on meter it would be a lot higher) That flat fee includes any tolls that the taxis have to pay. When you come out of the pier there is a toll booth and on more than one occasion I have had the taxi driver try to get me to pay the toll. When I remind them it is suppose to be included in the flat fare then they back off and pay it. I do not mind paying what I am suppose to pay. I do not mind tipping. But what I do mind is when people try to rip me off and take advantage of me.

oreo 03-07-2006 02:43 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply. I understand now, and yes, I "TOTALLY" agree with you on the rip off thing. Happens a lot these days!!!!

Philly Cruiser 04-07-2006 08:33 PM

Can you explain flat fee? is that per person or per trip? We are a family of 4 going on a cruise, is it worth it to use the taxi?

Cruise Fanatic 04-08-2006 08:05 AM

The flat fee is per trip. I think with four people the taxi is better. Depending on how much luggage you have you might want to look for a van taxi. It might be a little longer wait for one to come by. In February four of us used a regular taxi, but we only had the smaller roll bags and we had been on a 3nt cruise.