Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by CruiseStudent:
Hi, Jack

I am a senior Marketing major at The Ohio State University, so yes this is my last year. The project is to develop a business strategy for Dr. Kruz Nutty, who has recently written a humour book on cruise addiction. We have to research potential customers (cruise addicts!) their motivations, unmet needs etc.

If you would like more information on Dr. Nutty, you can visit his website http://www.drkruznutty.com/index.html

Thanks for the help, and keep those responses coming!

I have a soft spot for Ohio State...SIL is a graduate from there....physical therapist.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:42 AM

1. Age 68
2. Sex - female
3. Marital status - married
4. this site: every couple of days
other site(s) - daily
5. Yes, I am a cruise addict. I became
one my first full day at sea, my first cruise
6. Defining cruise addiction: want to cruise
at least every few months and think about
cruising all the time
7. cruises taken in the past year - 4
last three years - 6
8. visiting cruise chat sites; checking
travelzoo.com daily for bargains;
subscribing to loads of free cruisenews-
letters.
9. Yes, interest in humor book about cruising
10. book cruises through TA, but going to
consider internet when special prices
11. I bring reading material along, and also
use ship library, so no purchase of
reading material on board.
12. Do not read cruise blogs often at all.
13. prefer internet for obtaining cruise info.
14. Keep occupied planning the next cruise!
also read, enjoy leisure activites and
grandchildren.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CruiseStudent:
Hello, I am a student at The Ohio State University. I am doing a project that requires me to do market research on "cruise addicts" and I was hoping you guys could help me out! I've put together a short survey (I'm no survey expert so its not great) that I hope might give me a little insight into the world of the cruise addict. I'd love to hear all the information you all have available on your cruising habits, and thanks in advance for helping me out!

1. Age: 48

2. Sex: Male/Female Male

3. Marital Status: Solo

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? every 12 hours

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? No, just my preferred vacation choise

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? Stowaway in lifeboat

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 2

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Plan my cruises in detail from room selection, ship, line, activities, etc.

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? Interest, yes, probably read it in the library

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? Either way, I look for the best price

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? No time to read. I've brought reading materials, but never get a chance to read them. I would not buy anything more than a newspaper on board

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? If, when you say blogs, you mean venues such as this, then 2x daily. I don't know what cruise blogs you refer to

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? Brochure, internet, travel agent. Their information is most current. Books, while entertaining rarely have current info re port, new ships, recent passenger experiences

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? I work hard for a living, I have family responsibilities, I do volunteer work, life is really hectic and full

I hope this isn't too lengthy, I appreciate your help!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 PM

quote:
1. Age: 23

2. Sex: Female

3. Marital Status: Single (Engaged)

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites?
2-3x a week, unless my next cruise is in the near future... then I visit every day.

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict?
I think "enthusiast" is more accurate.

6. How would you define Cruise addiction?
When you can't imagine spending a vacation anywhere other than on a cruise... and you take several cruises a year.

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 2 in the past year, 3 in the last 3 years.

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related?
Read cruise reviews and research the ship and ports of call of the next cruise I'm booked on (or would like to be booked on).

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction?
Probably

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent?
The cruise line's website.

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship?
I never have.

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment?
2-3x a week, for both information and entertainment.

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information?
Internet, though I like to purchase travel guides of the ports of call.

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise?
Working hard for the money... for my next cruise.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:42 AM

1. Age: 40

2. Sex: Female

3. Marital Status: MARRIED

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? MONTHLY

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? YES If so, how and when did you realize? MY FIRST 3 YEARS AGO

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN CONSIDER ANOTHER VACATION TYPE. AND YOU GET DEPRESSED ON YOUR RIDE HOME FROM THE PORT TERMINAL

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 1 IN THE PAST YEAR 2 IN THE PAST 3 YEARS

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? PLAN FOR THE NEXT

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? NO

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? THROUGH RC DIRECTLY

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? NO

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? MONTHLY, FOR PLANNING ADVICE

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? INTERNET

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise?
PLANNING THE NEXT

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
blogs, cruise, cruises, cruzing, interest, internet, ohio, post, review, reviews, state, surve, survey, surveycruise, surveys, university