Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   General Cruise Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/)
-   -   Cruise Survey (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/general-cruise-chat/32476-cruise-survey.html)

CruiseStudent 10-25-2007 01:52 PM

Hello, I am a student at The Ohio State University. I am doing a project that requires me to do market research on "cruise addicts" and I was hoping you guys could help me out! I've put together a short survey (I'm no survey expert so its not great) that I hope might give me a little insight into the world of the cruise addict. I'd love to hear all the information you all have available on your cruising habits, and thanks in advance for helping me out!

1. Age:

2. Sex: Male/Female

3. Marital Status:

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites?

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize?

6. How would you define Cruise addiction?

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years?

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related?

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction?

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent?

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship?

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment?

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information?

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise?

I hope this isn't too lengthy, I appreciate your help!

CruiseStudent 10-25-2007 01:52 PM

Hello, I am a student at The Ohio State University. I am doing a project that requires me to do market research on "cruise addicts" and I was hoping you guys could help me out! I've put together a short survey (I'm no survey expert so its not great) that I hope might give me a little insight into the world of the cruise addict. I'd love to hear all the information you all have available on your cruising habits, and thanks in advance for helping me out!

1. Age:

2. Sex: Male/Female

3. Marital Status:

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites?

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize?

6. How would you define Cruise addiction?

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years?

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related?

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction?

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent?

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship?

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment?

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information?

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise?

I hope this isn't too lengthy, I appreciate your help!

LHP 10-25-2007 04:36 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CruiseStudent:

1. Age: <span class="ev_code_RED">52</span>

2. Sex: Male/Female <span class="ev_code_RED">Female</span>

3. Marital Status: <span class="ev_code_RED">Married</span>

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? <span class="ev_code_RED">daily to several times a day</span>

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? <span class="ev_code_RED">YES - the day I stepped on the ship</span>

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? <span class="ev_code_RED">Think about it constantly</span>

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? <span class="ev_code_RED">5 in the last calendar year</span> 3 years? <span class="ev_code_RED">look at the list</span>

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? <span class="ev_code_RED">chat with fellow addicts</span>

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? <span class="ev_code_RED">nope</span>

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? <span class="ev_code_RED">Carnival PVP</span>

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? <span class="ev_code_RED">No</span>

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? <span class="ev_code_RED">Daily for information and entertainment</span>

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? <span class="ev_code_RED">Internet - a more immediate fix</span>

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? <span class="ev_code_RED">chatting about cruising</span>

I hope this isn't too lengthy, I appreciate your help! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jack2007 10-25-2007 05:02 PM

Hi Cruise Student, welcome to cruise chat, http://images8.fotki.com/v154/photos...33/wave-vi.gif

Have to say after reading your list of questions that in my opinion it is a bit too long.
Also ....If you took some time and went through the different sections of cruise chat, you would get lots of answers to most of those questions and then you could come back and ask about the few things you need help on.
There is lots of helpful information on here if you read through that will give you a good insight into cruising.

This is a friendly forum and you will find members will be pleased to help but maybe first we can learn a little more about you.

1) what subject are you studying at the university ?
2)What is the title of this project ?
3)What relevence has this project to the course you are doing ?
4)What year are you in at university...is this your last year ?

Also ....I hope you don't mind me asking this ,but i am puzzeled by the way you have worded question 9.Are you actually writing a humourous book on cruise addiction and trying to find out if it would be popular ?

Anyway I'm sure that others members will be delighted to assist you....but as I said ,I think you would get a great feel of cruising addiction and have alot of fun reading the previous views of members.

Good Luck......regards jack

Spiritfilled 10-26-2007 07:20 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">. Age: 43

2. Sex: Male/Female -Female

3. Marital Status: Single

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? at least once a week

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? Yes , when I got home

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? Thinking about your next cruise as soon as you get home.

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 1

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Looking at others pictures and visiting this site.

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? Yes

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? TA

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? NO

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? Not often

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? Books

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Have no choice.

penny3333 10-26-2007 08:34 AM

1.54, 2.F, 3.M, 4.daily, 5. Yes, during 1st cruise, 6. can't get enough, 7.1,6, 8.cruise, visit websites, read, look at my pictures and videos, 9.Sure, 10.through the cruise line, 11.No,too much else to do, 12.daily, both, 13.internet, 14.Cruise-chat, pretty much the same thing as #8.

Jack2007 is correct, look through the posts and I'll bet you'll find a lot of information. Better yet, take a cruise and then you'll have first hand insight http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...on_biggrin.gif

Valeries220 10-26-2007 11:31 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted October 25, 2007 12:52 PM

1. Age: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted October 25, 2007 12:52 PM

1. Age: 47

2. Sex: Male/Female Female

3. Marital Status: Divorced

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? Mostly everyday

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? Not sure, I just know that I love cruising & wish I could go all the time

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? Just can't get enough

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 2

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Going to this site & RCI

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? Not sure

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? travel agent

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? Never

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? For both, I wish I would have known about this site before my cruises since it would have helped me alot

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? internet

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? Trying to plan the next and with whom

CruiseStudent 10-26-2007 01:12 PM

Hi, Jack

I am a senior Marketing major at The Ohio State University, so yes this is my last year. The project is to develop a business strategy for Dr. Kruz Nutty, who has recently written a humour book on cruise addiction. We have to research potential customers (cruise addicts!) their motivations, unmet needs etc.

If you would like more information on Dr. Nutty, you can visit his website http://www.drkruznutty.com/index.html

Thanks for the help, and keep those responses coming! http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

CruiseDad 10-26-2007 04:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CruiseStudent:

1. Age: <span class="ev_code_RED">57</span>

2. Sex: Male/Female <span class="ev_code_RED">male</span>

3. Marital Status: <span class="ev_code_RED">married</span>

4. Approximately how frequently do you visit this site? other cruising sites? Only this site but daily

5. Do you consider yourself a cruise addict? If so, how and when did you realize? Not a cruise addict yet, still working on it

6. How would you define Cruise addiction? One who puts all things cruise before anything else

7. How many cruises have you taken in the past year? 3 years? 3

8. How do you quench your thirst for all things cruise related? Visit this site, Carnival.com and talk with my dancer daughter on her ship

9. Would you have any interest in a humour book about cruise addiction? Oh Yes

10. How do you book your cruises? through the internet? travel agent? Carnival PVP

11. Do you frequently or have you ever purchase reading material while on board the ship? No

12. How often do you read cruise blogs and why? For the information? Entertainment? Frequently for fun

13. Do you prefer books/magazines or the internet for obtaining cruise information? Web

14. As an avid cruiser, how do you keep yourself occupied between each cruise? Work

jack2007 10-26-2007 05:00 PM

Thank you for being so honest with your reply CruiseStudent....its good to see you are taking a close interest in the responses. http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos...xthumbs-vi.gif

What I said before still goes...if you look further down General Cruise Chat you will see we have at least 2 topics that may help...."is it really that good & Do I have cruising addiction.

I'm sure that you will get some more replies to assist your research http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos...xthumbs-vi.gif

Also now you have an interest, as Penny3333 suggested why don't you try going on a little cruise next year http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo.../icon_cool.gif

regards jack