Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 07:56 AM

Has anyone else had their flights canceled because of the airline industries restructuring? I booked my flight in April for my upcoming cruise in October, and was notified this week that Midwest airlines won't be flying into Orlando until Oct 28th; my flight was for Oct 18th. They are going to refund my money, but left me scrambling to find another airline with comparable rates. Lucky for me I did, but now I have connecting flights, and I have to leave a day earlier. I'm just happy I don't have to pay double like I thought I would. The travel industry is sure changing...

Sonny
Old 07-26-2008, 08:42 AM
In the UK one of our main low cost airlines Ryanair with 38 planes based at London Stansted has decided to cut down on capacity as they say they will lose less money by not flying.
This means they will be flying with 8 less aircraft.This will mean a 14% reduction of weekly flights.Part of the reason is the fuel increases but also on what Ryanair thinks is an unreasonable increase in airport charges from the company that runs the airport.

So this might mean some of the people who use Ryanair to fly to where their cruise is departing from ( eg Naples )might have less choice when they wish to fly.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:37 PM
From the news releases it would seem that this is happening across the board. And it's going to get worse in the fall when vacation travel drops off. Everybody with flights needs to check periodically to see if they are still scheduled.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
From the news releases it would seem that this is happening across the board. And it's going to get worse in the fall when vacation travel drops off. Everybody with flights needs to check periodically to see if they are still scheduled.
Cutting flights and reducing fleets was forced when fuel pricing sky-rocketed and fewer people were booking flights. They need to keep the planes full in order for a flight to be profitable. With fuel dropping perhaps the trend will level off or perhaps reverse in the future. Lets hope so.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread