Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2005, 06:05 AM

Hi All!
I was reading on another chat board that RC is planning to remove deck plans from their consumer brochures in 2006. (They will be included in the Travel Agent Guides.) I have not confirmed that information, but it got me to thinking: What would you like to see added to brochures? What things could you live without or prefer that they be eliminated? What do you find has the most value or practical use in these brochures?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-17-2005, 06:05 AM

Hi All!
I was reading on another chat board that RC is planning to remove deck plans from their consumer brochures in 2006. (They will be included in the Travel Agent Guides.) I have not confirmed that information, but it got me to thinking: What would you like to see added to brochures? What things could you live without or prefer that they be eliminated? What do you find has the most value or practical use in these brochures?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-17-2005, 10:35 AM

Hi Nancy
Personally I think the the brouchers are honestly a waste of good paper, I've never really trusted them. The pictures look false and never give any sense of realism.
This is not just the cruise brouchers it's all the ones for holidays.
I'd rather spend several hours look at various websites then looking a these.
I think with internet people are able to form a more honest option of a resort/cruise than the brouchers ever did.
Before the net took off I was very fortunate to be friends with a TA who allowed us to look at his copy of the brouchers, they were more honest too.
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-17-2005, 04:13 PM

I kind of agree with the above post. I LOVE to look at the deck plans on the web and find it very valuable especially when booking multiple rooms b/c the internet will show what is available but that is not the case for the paper brochures.
I guess I would like to see pictures of interior(types of staterooms), pictures of the children's areas and pool areas. We look at all three of those things when we are deciding what ship to book.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-17-2005, 05:44 PM

Great question. I have never been on a cruise where everyone was beautiful, young and smiling all the time. I think the brochures misrepresent the reality of what cruising is from that point. Just my opinion.

Tom
Old 07-18-2005, 11:15 AM

I know that I have to read (look at) the brochures with a grain of salt - but the one thing I do like to spend time pouring over is the deck plan. I prefer to select a cabin rather than take the guarantee, and I spend quite a bit time studying the location of available cabins to help me make a decision.
Sherry
Old 07-18-2005, 11:24 AM

I just like looking at the brochure...ahhh...pretty pictures...
Old 07-18-2005, 01:49 PM

I am a new cruiser. A group of 5-6 couples in our 40's is planning to take the plunge! I am excited! We do not know where to start. None of us has ever been on a cruise before. Can anyone suggest where to start and what to look for when choosing? We were thinking of the Carribian so when is the best time for there? Any information is muchly appreciated!!
Deefee
Old 07-18-2005, 04:20 PM

deefee, without question, find a local cruise professional to help you decide on which ship and itinerary. They will be able to match you folks up with the right fit.

What do you envision your group doing?

Tom
Old 07-19-2005, 07:35 AM

I think we are going to want to mostle go to beaches and relax. I would like to really get the most out of the whole cruise experience as far as the ship activities. I am a daycare provider and love kids but would love a ship not full of them.

Closed Thread

Tags
brochures, cruise