Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 10:42 AM

A few years ago our TA was pushing NCL a little. Now she does not. She tries to discourage people from cruising with them. She does not want to handle the problems after the cruise.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:32 PM

Gary you have a wise agent. I had great hopes for the program Cruise Fanatic mentioned when it was announced. Hoping the issues from the past would be resolved. For a week or two after the announcement it appeared they were really working toward resolving internal issue, then they reverted just as quickly back to same ol' same ol'. Their invoicing is a mess, mistakes are frequent and resolving them a nightmare. Advertising for promotions for onboard credit and the client never getting it is common. They never correct the issue after the sailing, even if you have doccumentation. They give you a name and extension that always is on voice mail. Then you never get a return call. You write, you call, you get the name and ext of who is responsible and get no return call, ever. You bring it to the attention of the Rep and hear only that they're working on the issues and are given the same names and exts. Eventually they know you'll have to move on and book another cruise as you don't have the time to try and get things resolved. They seem to know this and ignore the issues. Then the client is angry, not at the cruiseline, but at the afent and agency that was foolish enough to post their promotion with the details of the offer they never got. Agencies then send out checks to clients to keep from losing them long term. Does NCL ever acknowledge that they were at fault and pay the agencies back for these errors? Nope, they send another Rep to tell you about a new promotion coming up and encourage you to let your clients know what a generous offer they have. As I mentioned earlier, my NCL bookings are way down. I'm taking the same approach your agent is. I'm discouraging people from choosing a line with so many issues that I cannot seem to ever get resolved.

If you do like NCL and intend to continue to book with them, be aware that its not your agent that did not provide the onboard credit you were offered. It's not the agent who overcharged or double billed your CC. They will go to bat for you to try and get things fixed but in the end when it gets resolved, you probably should send a thank you to that agent and agency for the extrodinary efforts and expense they most likely went through to make it right.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2008, 03:44 AM
NCL Doctors have the same salary as the Staff Captain, so they are hardly in need for any tip

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, doctors, ship