Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 10:29 AM

Hi, I am looking at planning a cruise for spring of 06 and would appreciate any help that I could get in finding the best one. The cruise is for 4 people in their early to mid forties, 2 of which have never been on a cruise. We are thinking about a 7 day carribean cruise. Any thoughts on the best ships and ports? The more active the better...THANKS
Old 11-16-2005, 10:44 AM

royal caribbean has been the best for years.don't miss st.thomas.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Brewser,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

If you're looking for something "The more active the better", Royal Caribbean's new "Freedom of the Seas" should be a good suggestion. The ship offers an ice-skating rink, three-dimensional rock-climbing wall, onboard surf park etc.

While it is always a matter of personal taste whether this is "the best Caribbean cruise", it is certainly the one with the most onboard activities.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-16-2005, 03:51 PM

Brewser,
If you are planning to go in the spring of '06, unfortunately the Freedom will not be sailing yet, but RC's Voyager Class ships are an excellent (and similar) alternative.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-17-2005, 12:57 PM

Brewser,

I strongly recommend a Princess cruise. The "Grand" class is a great ship and there are many many things to do. Games and tours during the day then shows, dancing, night club and more after dark. We enjoyed the southern caribbean cruise and leave on another Dec 2nd. My next choice would be the western caribbean. No matter which (crusie or cruise line) you choose you will have a great time!!!
Enjoy

CaseyG

Caseyg
Old 11-17-2005, 02:44 PM

Nancy,

yes, of course - I totally forgot about that. The ship will be deliverd in April and will be visiting Hamburg late that same month for pre-inaugural events, so somehow I asummed it would be in service sometime in May.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM

Nancy and Raoul,

I thought the "Freedom" starts sailing in May 2006.

Sandy
Old 11-17-2005, 07:41 PM

Sandy (and Raoul),
Based on the information I have received from Royal Caribbean, it is my understanding that the Freedom will be doing a series of industry "inaugural" events/cruises to nowhere in the month of May and will not actually begin its first official consumer sailing until June 4.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 PM

Hello Brewser, I suggest the Celebrity Constellation. She has all the night life on board along w/ gambling, wine tasting, martini bars, dancing, and disco. Try the food demo's and art auctions also. I suggest getting to know the social hostess for some good suggestions and who knows....she might suggest for you to eat w/ the captain(master). As for ports...St.Thomas for shopping, Barbados for beaches, and off the beaten path- Grenada for friendly people. Enjoy Paul
Old 11-19-2005, 04:54 PM

My personal favorite is a deep southern cruise hitting ports like Aruba, St. Kitts, etc. However, the down side of a southern cruise is the difficulty and expense of getting to San Juan.

My second choice would be a western sailing. I think this has a nice mix of ports for the first time cruiser. Also, I would recommend that you choose a cruise that stops at the cruise line's private island. I have always found these to be very enjoyable.

As for cruise lines, they all have their pluses and minuses. What might be great for one person might be less than perfect for you.

Carnival has had a reputation as a party cruise. We are taking a Carnival cruise in February to see if this reputation has changed or is still deserved.

Royal Caribbean puts our a very nice cruise product. There ships are very interesting with lots of things to do. I find their food more than acceptable.

Princess in my favorite line and I have been on them more than any other. I think they have the best mix of great ships, good food, nice atmosphere, and good mix of passengers. I find the Princess ships to be quieter than some others and would not recommend them to someone looking for a "party" cruise.

Celebrity is very nice. They have excellant food and beautiful ships. The only reason I choose Princess over Celebrity is that Princess is usually a couple of hundred dollars per person less.

You will find people of your age on all of the lines.

Closed Thread

Tags
best, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, forties, line, review, reviews, top