Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 04:05 AM

I know this question has probably been asked many times before, but I have to ask it again. My husband and I are going on the Valor in March with our 4 kids. (crazy...I know!) We have always avoided formal nights before, but I would REALLY like to go this time. How formally dressed to I need to get my kids? Especially my son? Will a pair of kacki's and a nice shirt work for him? I will never get him in a tux! Plus, I just hate to spend all our excursion money outfitting them for one night. But I would like for us to all experience this as a family. Just looking for your opinions. THanks!

Christie

Monarch of the Seas - 2003
Valor - 2006
Old 02-05-2006, 04:24 AM

The dress code onboard the mainstream cruiselines has become more casual. While you will see some people dressed quite formally on the Valor, your son will not be out of place with a nice pair of khakis and dress shirt. Enjoy the formal night as a family!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-05-2006, 04:30 AM

Thanks, Nancy!
And thanks for teaching me to spell!
Old 02-20-2006, 11:59 AM

We cruised with another couple a year or so ago, young son of 3 dressed in a full Tuxedo.

He loved the dressing up and he was the centre of attention!

If your son wears smart trousers and shirt then he will fit right in, don't worry.... enjoy!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:49 PM

We went on Carnival Glory last spring with 3 kids, and 2 teenagers. They LOVED dressing up. They needed suits for a wedding in the summer so I just got them early. They actually wore the suits both formal nights with different shirts and ties(ages 8&9) We went to Dillards at the after prom sale and found her two dresses for $15 each that had been about $120 each. They just loved it. They ate with us on the first formal night but on the second Carnival hosted a "coke tail" party for the kids and took them to the show as a group. Kids really enjoyed it. I think you'll be surprised how much! Bon Voyage!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 02-23-2006, 12:22 AM

I have been cruising with my kids sense they were little, for some reason they always loved formal night, i think it may have been oll the attention they get (oh how nice you look and what sweet children) they are all just about grown up now, 12, 19, 20, 25, but they still cruise with us every year and still love the attention of formal night, the highlight before the cruise for the 3 girls is shopping for their dress. my son always wore khakis and a nice button up shirt and when the girls were small just sunday best dresses but know they go all out, we all get our picture taken and send them out on our christmas cards.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, caribbean, carnival, code, cruise, dress, fomal, formal, kids, night, nights, princess, prom, reviews, royal