Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2003, 05:06 AM

I'm sorry for so many posts - I feel like I am blitzing the board.
My tickets arrived a few days ago and it just occured to me that I may have a problem. I am going to Mexico from the US and do not need a passport - I do however need a license and birth certificate both of which I have. My problem (please tell me it is not a problem) is that I bought the cruise under a nickname albiet the only name I have gone by in 38 years. I have two documents which have my birth name on it - my birth cert. and drivers license so at least the two necessary documents match (although the license is signed with my nickname). I do have picture ID with my nickname on it - Las Vegas Police Dept ID, Dept. of Justice ID, (old) University ID as well as my Social Security Card. Can anyone tell me if I do in fact have a problem - I am concerned about being denied boarding.

Thank you,
Angel
Old 11-23-2003, 05:06 AM

I'm sorry for so many posts - I feel like I am blitzing the board.
My tickets arrived a few days ago and it just occured to me that I may have a problem. I am going to Mexico from the US and do not need a passport - I do however need a license and birth certificate both of which I have. My problem (please tell me it is not a problem) is that I bought the cruise under a nickname albiet the only name I have gone by in 38 years. I have two documents which have my birth name on it - my birth cert. and drivers license so at least the two necessary documents match (although the license is signed with my nickname). I do have picture ID with my nickname on it - Las Vegas Police Dept ID, Dept. of Justice ID, (old) University ID as well as my Social Security Card. Can anyone tell me if I do in fact have a problem - I am concerned about being denied boarding.

Thank you,
Angel
Old 11-24-2003, 06:16 AM

Check with your cruise line, I am sure after 9/11 everthing has to match, our cruise line sent us a email making sure that everthing matched ie, names, addresses and the like. Good luck

spritz_55423
Old 11-24-2003, 06:37 AM

Angel,
You may be lucky and find a very sympathetic agent at check-in that will allow you to board BUT that is probably not going to be the case. Cruise lines are now quite diligent about your cruise documents matching your passport, birth certificate, etc. Contact your travel agent immediately, so that new documents can be issued to you. Some cruise lines will charge a fee, some will allow the change and not charge you if you pick up the new documents at the pier upon arrival, and in some cases your travel agent has a working relationship with someone at the cruise line that can rectify the matter. But, in any case - I would not take any chances - make sure the cruise line has been contacted ASAP.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-24-2003, 05:55 PM

Thank you both for your responses - I was so concerned. The situation has been rectified along with no penalties and an upgraded cabin. What a relief! *whew*

Closed Thread