Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2004, 01:01 PM

Hello all,
I was just wondering what the best ship to gone on is if you're with bunch of your buddy's all ranging in age from 21-23. There's probably going to be around 6-8 of us. Any feedback is welcome...
Old 12-15-2004, 01:01 PM

Hello all,
I was just wondering what the best ship to gone on is if you're with bunch of your buddy's all ranging in age from 21-23. There's probably going to be around 6-8 of us. Any feedback is welcome...
Old 12-15-2004, 04:12 PM

If you are active and sports minded - choose one of Royal Caribbean's Voyager Class mega ships. If you are more interested in drinking and partying - stick with Carnival.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-15-2004, 07:46 PM

Thanks Nancy. Do you have any specific boats in mind? We're planning on going in the beginning of June as well, is that a good time. Also, all of us are single and want to party and get that workout in the next morning as some extra information. Any comments will help. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 PM

I've been on Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure. They are pretty much all the same, ship wise. I would pick a Voyager class ship, and choose the ship based on what you want to do. Look up the shore trips for each island (use RCCL's site, and I like www.shoretrips.com as well) and book based on that.

If you like to party....go to an Island that has a well known party spot, Like Carlos 'n' Charlies. (I know aruba has one, as well as Cozumel)
Just don't plan on doing anything early in the AM the day after that port.

I hope this helps. Post some additional information about your hobbies, interests, I think we can help you better. (eg: do you like Scuba, Snorkle, or do you like to stay on dry land, or is the drinking, party thing more your style. etc)

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 12-15-2004, 09:07 PM

I think Nancy's advice is right on. It sounds likely that you are Carnival passengers. Find an itinerary that you like and then book the newest Carnival ship on it. You will have a great time. (Be sure to take some Advil).

Tom
Old 12-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Banned

My vote would be a Mexican cruise (Western Caribbean) on the Carnival Cruise line. As Tom said book on one of their newer ships. The newer ships will have a better exercise room and just be nicer overall. I don't know what category you are interested in but I would get at least one room with a balcony. If you don't mind having more than 2 people in a room it would be worth looking into getting a suite with a balcony and having 4 to a room. The cost of the additional people may not be much more than getting rooms without a balcony.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:36 AM

Two years ago during Spring Break myself and seven of my sorority sisters went on the Explorer of the Seas/Royal Carribean. It was an awesome ship with tons of stuff to do. However we didn't really do much of it. Laying out and drinking were are two main priorities. The party scene was ok but I think that was because it was Spring Break. There were tons of families. So as a bunch of guys it may not be what your looking for.

We are again headed on an another cruise over Christmas this time on Carnival to Cozumel and Calica. So I will let you know which is the better experience.

Hope this helps a little!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:54 AM

LBLAX21,
From your comments its sounds to me like a serious party atmosphere in the evening and good gym are all you really need to make it a great cruise. With those criteria, I would definitely suggest you look at any of Carnivals newer and larger ships. The party scene will be in full swing in June and their newer ships have great fitness centers. Look to their Conquest class (the Conquest, Valor or Glory) as your best bet.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
21, adventure, caribbean, cruise, disney, explorer, good, olda, olds, recommendations, review, reviews, royal, seas, year, yr